I send her the picture I just took, and she answered quick.

Aaliyah: omggg u look so beautiful Sadie!!!😱😱 your nickname never suited you more

Aaliyah: Shawn would definitely have a hard time controlling his boner if he was there

I can't control my cheeks from flaring up at this comment of hers.

Sadie: god Aaliyah...

I decide to ignore her second comment, and focus on the first one.

Sadie: but anyways... thank uu! 😊

Aaliyah soon starts typing again, the only sound in the house being of my dress rustling with me crossing my leg over the other as I sat on my bed and accommodated myself.

Aaliyah: isn't it weird? That you aren't going with Shawn?

I sigh, not helping myself but agreeing with her.

Sadie: it is. But even though i wished that Shawn was here, Sean is one of my friends. Im sure ill somehow manage to have fun just going with my friends

Aaliyah: thats the spirit! Have fun 😄🎉

Finally, I hear the sound of my door bell ringing through the house, and a new text pops up in my screen.

Sean: Im here!

I go to open him the door, and find Sean waiting at the doorstep, wearing a traditional tux, his light brown hair impeccably combed backwards, which was a somewhat unusual sight for what I was used to seeing him like, but not a bad sight at all. I don't know what was the power of a tux, but boys somehow looked so much more attractive in them. Was it because it made them look older and more mature?

I don't know. They just do.

Suddenly the image of Shawn being here, standing on my doorstep instead of Sean, wearing a tux that just made me swoon, pops in my mind. And I can't help but feel sad that Shawn wasn't the one here.

"Sadie. You look pretty," he says out of politeness, and I smile.

"Thanks Sean. You don't look bad yourself." I say. "I'm ready. Let's get going then?"

***

I walked beside Sean as we walked through the entrance hall, which already carried the theme of the prom; "Empire State if Mind". There were cutouts of building landscapes and lights everywhere, and whoever was the person that organized this, they had done an excellent job. The decoration was extremely beautiful and on pointz

"Ready to be the best candles ever?" Sean kids, and I chuckle, as we walked right into the room where the event was going to take place.

"Let's. But I think I'm beating you to that." I say, and I meant it. I was really going to try my best to set him up with Ella somehow throughout the night, making me the only remaining, and therefore, best, candle.

We finally spot our group of friends and walked over to it, and realize that we were the last ones to arrive. Everyone was here already: Bailey and Louis, Violet and Mark, Mike and Theresa (this girl that did Art with me), Nick and Bree, Serena and Jason, Ella, and to Sean's dismay; Thomas.