Chapter 23: What Have I Done?

Tyler's POV

After Gavin came back with no Rebecca, I was hurt. We both, Taylor and I, felt terrible. I didn't know how to make it up to her.

"Tyler. I want to say to propose to her. But will she appreciate the effort you put into it or will she reject you?" Brian suggested. WHAT?? I could never propose! "Ty, I know you're hesitating. You HAVE to."

Taylor looked at me with a brief nod. "I can help you set up something. Trust me, I've read fanfictions and I've seen enough movies. I know how a proposal dinner works."

I hugged her again and said "thank you".

I will make it up to her no matter what.

Taylor's POV

I asked Brian when he would be released. He said that since it was only his arm, he would most likely be able to leave tomorrow. I nodded. We would have Tyler propose tomorrow. I planned to stay the night with Brian. Tomorrow we would help Tyler set up for the proposal.

The next day

Brian was finally allowed to leave. Nicole hadn't left yet since the bullet went into her stomach. We left and went to the park with Tyler to set up. From the millions of fanfictions I've read, I knew how to set this up. We used one of the tables for the dinner. I got rose petals and sprinkled them around it, followed by red lights in the trees. Brian helped get them up. While we were setting up, Tyler was getting the ring. He came over and saw what we had set up.

"It looks amazing. Do you have your suit?" Brian asked.

"No, it's not like we haven't been to an award show or anything ever in our lives," Tyler sassed. I laughed at him.

"We will make it up to her. I promise," I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me and smiled before hugging me again.

"Why so many hugs from Ty recently?" He shrugs. I laughed in return.

Brian and I ran home to get Rebecca. We had to find a way to convince her to come, no matter how hard it would be. Brian and I were 100% determined to get these two back together. We would, no matter how hard it would be.

Running in the door, I heard loud sobs coming from her room. I knocked gently on the door before going in.

"Becca? Someone is waiting for you at the park. It isn't anyone you don't know or hate," I reassured her.

She doesn't hate Tyler, so I wasn't lying. She looked up at me, as if asking who. I had to quickly lie. If I said Tyler, she would say no.

"Gavin," I lied.

She looked at me with a smile and ran to the bathroom. I heard her scream, trying to stay silent. I went into my room and collapsed face first into the pillow.

What have I done?

New chapter sometime tonight!! Thanks everyone for reading!