Chapter 22: Heartbreak

"Ty, can I ask you something?" I quietly asked as we were walking down the hallway to Brian's room. "Why don't you tell the others?"

He shrugged. "I just figured Brian wouldn't understand. He may be my brother, but he wouldn't get it and I don't know why I thought that. Rebecca, I didn't want her to go crazy and start fighting them. I wish I would've done something. She never would've got to you. I'm sorry."

I wrap my arms around his torso and we stay this way for a few minutes.

"It's fine, Ty. It's fine."

Eventually, Rebecca turned the corner and saw us hugging. I knew she had been cheated on before, so she was suspicious.

"Tyler?" She said quietly.

Tyler looked at her and he immediately tried to explain what happened. She didn't want to listen.

"Rebecca, stop!" I demanded. She turned around, tears filling her eyes. "I have two questions for you. Do I look like the kind of person to cheat? Second, do I look like the kind of person who would cheat on my fiance with YOUR BOYFRIEND?"

She didn't respond. She just turned away and kept walking.

"It's my fault," I mumbled. Tyler turned to me.

"Bullshit it's your fault. She's your best friend. She knows you. It's me that she's pissed at, not you."

We just tried to forget about what happened in the hallway and went to Brian's room. Right before we got there, I said something I thought I would never say. I said it would stay between us. Yet here I am:

"You have to tell her."

I regretted it the second I said it.

"I can't. She wouldn't listen to me, I've messed it up already. If anyone is going to tell her, it's you."

I shook my head and continued walking into the room with Brian. I saw Gavin standing against the wall talking to him.

"Oh, hey guys," he stated once he saw us.

Brian saw me and he gestured to the seat beside him. I went over and sat down. He could tell I was upset about something, though I would never be able to say what.

"What's wrong?" He asks me, placing his good hand on mine.

"Rebecca's pissed at us," Tyler explained in four words. "She saw Taylor hugging me and thought it was something else."

"Where is she now?" Gavin asked me standing straight up. "I'll go talk to her. I've known Taylor since 8th grade. Like, REALLY well in 8th grade. I met her in 7th. She would never do that. She's had terrible experiences with relationships, she would never cheat on Brian with you."

"I think she went outside," Tyler replied. Gavin nodded and ran out of the room.

Gavin's POV

I ran out to the parking lot where I knew Rebecca would be. I looked around and saw her sitting on the curb crying.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked her, sitting beside her. She nods.

"I can't believe them," she replied simply.

"Listen, Rebecca. She's had the worst experiences with relationships. She's been cheated on herself. Hell, her ex left with "I can't love you no matter how hard I try"! She would never cheat on Brian. Especially not with Tyler."

"She's cheated before," she mumbled quietly.

She never told me about that.

"Was it on Brian? No. Was it with Tyler? No. Would she ever chest on Brian? NO! She's your best friend. You have to trust me."

"I'm sorry. I want to believe you, but if I can't even trust my best friend right now, I don't know if I can trust you."

I stood up, and went back inside not saying another word. When I reentered the room, Brian, Tyler, and Taylor all looked at me. I could tell Taylor and Tyler felt terrible.

"She's heartbroken."

I would like to say that some of these elements are true. For both Rebecca and I. Some are not. Anyway, thanks for reading! I'll start writing the next chapter as soon as this goes up but I have church soon so I won't be able to update until at least 1 my time. Thanks for reading! BYE!!!!!