Chapter 1: Just You Wait

I wake up at 9am and want to scream and jump for joy. Today was the big day. "What big day?" you may be asking. It's the day me and my best friend, Rebecca, are going to Florida Georgia Line's concert!! I was honestly terrified. Why? What if BK doesn't remember me?

"What do you mean?" You may also be asking.

Well, allow me to explain. I grew up in Ormond Beach, Florida. And, so did Brian Kelley. To go along with that, I went to his school, etc etc. So, let's just say I was one of his best friends. Both my friends, and his, had mistaken us as boyfriend and girlfriend because of how close we were. I was always with BK. We had been friends since around 6th grade.

Rebecca, my best friend, had told me to just confess my secret crush on him. I was about to after high school and before college, but he moved before I could.

So, that's what I mean by, he may not remember me. I woke Rebecca up. She was also excited to see Brian. They were friends through me, you could say. I'm honestly really proud of how far he's come.

"Come on, Becca!! We have to get ready!" I exclaim, jumping on her bed. She still wouldn't budge. I grabbed a pillow off my bed and hit her with it repeatedly.

"Taylor, calm your ass down! The concert isn't until tonight! It's 9 in the damn morning," she replied slowly sitting up. She grabbed her glasses and yawned. "What're you going to do until then?"

"What do you think? Listen to FGL, drink coffee, then go get some breakfast, listen to more FGL, get ready, drive to the concert, and while driving, we listen to even more FGL," I explain. "Plus, we have some Old Camp for after the concert."

"A bit much FGL, wouldn't you say?" She questions.

"Nope!"

I wink and walk out of our hotel bedroom. We have a hotel closer to Tallahassee, just because the drive is too long otherwise.

Plugging my headphones into my phone, I play Dig Your Roots. I go to the diner and get some eggs and bacon. Rebecca walks in a few minutes after, still looking half asleep.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," I joke. "Wanna listen to Life Is A Honeymoon with me?"

She shakes her head. "I'll get some breakfast, wake myself up, then I will."

"Can you believe that we're seeing them tonight? It's a dream come true!" I exclaim.

"You've seen Brian before. Calm down before I start calling you a crazed fangirl. Oh wait- YOU ARE ONE!" She exclaims and laughs.

"Bitch...," I mumble quietly, in a joking manner. Rebecca is my best friend, I would never mean that! "I know I've seen him before, I just want to see him in concert. Singing. For thousands of people, not just talking to me."

We finish our breakfast and walk to Starbucks next door for some coffee. After ordering we go back to the hotel.

"Admit it, Becca. You're excited," I state.

"I am, Tay. I really am. Remember that Brian was a friend of mine too. I also have one thing to confess, but you have to wait until after the concert to find out!!" She exclaims.

Knowing I would chase and tackle her to the ground, she runs. I chase her, but she gets inside before I do, locking the hotel door.

"Becca!! I can wait!! Let me in I need to get ready for the concert!!" I say, laughing.

"It's only 10:30! You have time!" She yells through the door.

"If Brian ends up remembering me, I'll tell him that you like Tyler!" I threaten.

She quickly opens the door and lets me in. "What I thought!"

In reality, I would never do that. Even if it were true, I'd let her tell him, like she let me try to tell Brian. I sit down and sigh loudly. Somehow we managed to catch a first come first serve show. By that, I mean the first people in get front row.

"We need to get there early so we can get front row. Maybe he'll see me and recognize me," I say nervously.

Rebecca shrugs and goes to get a shower and get ready.

Rebecca's POV

I quickly opened the door when Taylor threatened to tell BK I liked Tyler if she could. That was only because it was true. I do like Tyler. I could see how BK may like Taylor, they were friends from 6th grade up. I had never even met Tyler.

Before stepping into the shower, I look in the mirror. I wasn't sure if a celebrity would like a girl like me.

Pushing all thoughts aside, I step in the shower and let the hot water run down my back.

Then again, you never know what could happen. I honestly hoped BK remembered Taylor. I always wanted them to get together, but they never did.

Within 20 minutes, the bathroom was steamy. I got dried off and dressed, then let Taylor shower and do whatever she had to do.

I could tell she was worried. I hugged her tightly.

"Don't worry, Tay. He'll remember."

Taylor's POV

When Rebecca came out of the bathroom, she could tell I was worried. Before I knew it she was hugging me tightly.

"Don't worry, Tay. He'll remember."

I walk into the bathroom.

"ITS HOT AS FUCK IN HERE! Geez, Becca! Have you ever heard of the cold water? It cools down your hot water," I joke. She laughs.

I close the door and look in the mirror. I didn't look much different from high school. Would he recognize me? Would he even like me? Becca knows I like him and always did, but does he like me? Why would he?

Enough questions, Taylor. Just get ready, go to the concert, and see him again.

I instantly stop asking myself questions and I just get a shower. After my 15 minute shower, I blow dry my hair and then put it in a fishtail braid. I then put on a white tanktop below a red and black flannel. I slide on an FGL sweatshirt I bought offline.

I walk out after doing my makeup. It was only 12. We still had time to watch some episodes of The Walking Dead before leaving!!

"Let's watch the most recent ones. 3,4, and 5," Rebecca suggests. I agree and we begin watching.

(Not going to spoil in case any of you actually watch TWD and haven't seen these yet)

After finishing the 3rd episode, I turn my head to Rebecca and I saw that she was crying, as was I. We move on the the 4th, then the 5th.

Before we knew it, it was time to go.

"Let's go!! We have to get front row in order for BK to even see you!" Rebecca exclaimed.

"Now who's fangirling?" I sassily remark.

We get in the car and blare Dig Your Roots.

"You know, maybe he'll invite you onstage to sing H.O.L.Y with him. Maybe he'll sing to you and kiss you and propose and-" I cut her off.

"Stop right there, honey," I command. "He's not going to do any of that, let alone remember me. I would just quit worrying about it."

I look out the window and put Lifer on repeat. What if he actually does remember me? What if Becca is right?

Rebecca's POV

Now look what I did... I made her sad. Great. She turns up Lifer and I suddenly get an idea. If he happens to recognize Taylor, I'll just have him sing Lifer after that. Sparks will instantly fly.

"Just you wait, Tay. You'll be thanking me," I quietly say. She can't hear me over the music. "Just you wait."