Chapter 21

Alex's POV

I stared at the girl at the doorway. It was Eliza. Crap. I instantly pushed john off me, only for Eliza to turn around and sprint off. My eyes widened, and I just instantly ran after her.

"Eliza, wait! I can explain!" I shouted, chasing her and she sprint to her room. She ran fast for a girl in heels.

She ignored me, and kept running until she made it to her room. She instantly opened the door, ran in and slammed the door shut. "Eliza, please!" I shouted, once I made it to her door. I guess no one decided to question it due to the fact I was shouting and literally everyone was in the house. I knocked on the door, only to not get a response.

I let out a sigh, "Please, Eliza. Let me explain. I'm not leaving until you do." Finally, the door peeped open, and Eliza's face poked out. "What?" She muttered, looking up to meet my gaze. I let out a small sigh, "Can I please come in?"

She stared at me for a long time before opening the door more allowing me to walk in. I looked at her as I walked in.

She backed up and sat on her bad and looked at me, "What?" She muttered. I looked at Eliza, and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"Okay."

"I know what it looks like but it wa- okay?"

"Yeah." She shrugged, "You love John."

"W-What? No. No! I- I love you."

Eliza stared at me, with a blank expression. I sighed, "Eliza, please. Listen to me. I know what it looked like, but it wasn't like that."

"Then what was it?"

"Um... I'm sorry. Okay? John he.." I hesitated, I instantly knew the words that were about to come out of my mouth I would regret. I would regret saying it, but I wouldn't be able to take them back. "It was all john." Crap.

"What..?"

"John. He pinned me to the bed, we didn't do anything. He just stared at me, and then you walked in. That's exactly what happened."

Eliza looked at me, before finally sighing. "Okay." She mumbled.

********

It was about the second day of summer break now, when my phone lit up. I sighed, and reached over to grab it. I currently sat in the living room, everyone else was in their own rooms or in the kitchen, the point is, I was the only one in the living room.

I stared at the message, it was a number in the New York zip code, just I didn't exactly recognize it.

Unknown: Is this Alexander Hamilton?

AlexanderHandleIt: Yes, is there something you need?

Unknown: Ah, I hope this message finds you in good health. You see, my name is James. You may recognize the name around school.

AlexanderHandleIt: I've never heard of you.

Unknown: Right. Anyways, a few days ago I understand you had an affair?

AlexanderHandleIt: What?

Unknown: Ah, you see. Maria? Yeah. She's my girlfriend.

Unknown: Look, you can keep seeing her under one condition.

AlexanderHandleIt: And that is?

Unknown: I expect to be payed. Every visit.

Unknown: I also expect to be payed from the recent visit. If I do not get what I want, I will tell the whole school.

Unknown: Including Eliza and John.

I stared at the message, my mind was everywhere. How the hell did this guy know? What the hell? Why? I bit my lip, and furrowed my eyebrows. Maria. She was the only one that'd known, and miraculously her boyfriend knew. That asshole.

AlexanderHandleIt: How much?

Unknown: 2k

AlexanderHandleIt: What? No!

Unknown: Fine $20.

AlexanderHandleIt: $10

Unknown: $20 or no deal.

AlexanderHandleIt: Fine. Can I meet you somewhere?

*******

The rest of the day was fine besides that. No one suspected a thing. John, nor Eliza. It was all fine. I decided with James that I'd meet him when I'm back from Spring Break. We'd meet in an alleyway near the school. It was all going to be fine. I had a plan, and I wanted to make sure no one ever knew about Maria. As long as no one knew, nothing bad could happen. Right?

********

Sorry it's a REALLY short chapter. I'm just not as motivated to write anymore? The only reason I'm not ending it is because I love you guys. I'll proceed to write, but I've been quite busy. I've had homework all week, and my moms been in the hospital. Sorry. I'll try to be more active.

I also have a question. I'm getting way more obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen, and I kind of want to write a book about that too? Should I? Or no?