Chapter 14

Okay, so before I start can I just say, I realized how I fucked up on the ages. Oops. Anyways, I said Alex was 16? I have no idea what I was thinking and I probably seem really unorganized which I kinda am cx but Alex's age is actually 18. I just wanted to clear that up :3

Alex's POV

To, Alexander Hamilton

"Alex?"

Crap. I quickly folded up the paper, then swiftly shoved it in my pocket and turned around. John looked at me, his eyes narrowed.

"What were you looking at?" He muttered, inching closer to me. I stared at john then quickly stood up and shrugged slightly backing away, "Nothing important. Just a letter.. I... was working on!"

John stared at me, it was clear he didn't believe me but I went with it. The letter said my name, so clearly I was destined to read it. Why else would I dig in the trash for some paper?

"Oh.. well, since when do you use pink paper to write with...?" I froze, "Since I started.. dating Eliza. It's more romantic." I mumbled, while John just stared at me.

John looked at the floor eyes narrowed, "Right, right." He said sarcastically.

Neither of us said anything we just awkwardly looked at the ground. I sighed, I was eager to read the letter and I wasn't a man of patience either.

"I'll be right back." I murmured then turned around.

"Alex?" I froze yet again, then turned and faced John once more. "Yes?"

John was standing near my desk now and he stared at his hands, then looked at me. His face was full of worry, "E-er... have you happened to see a pink letter recently..? Kinda like the one you found..."

I stared at him, "Well, I mean not besides the one I wrote.. why?"

"It was.. kinda important..."

"Who was the letter too?"

This time, it was Johns turn to freeze. "Er... can I see the letter you have? I just want to read the first sentence.. maybe we got the papers mixed up or something."

I put my hand over my pocket, over the letter. The letter was to me was it not? So why couldn't I read it? Maybe it was a work in progress of the letter. What if the letter was from John? Why was it in the trash?

I shrugged, "I mean... it's not really done."

"I won't read it."

"Well-"

"Alex, please."

I stared at john then frowned, "Fine." I reached in my back pocket and right when I was about to pull it out there was a knock on the door.

I looked at john then the door, "I'll get it." I mumbled then raced to the door and swung it open. I looked up, and Lafayette and Hercules stood there.

Talk about good timing, I grinned, "Hello." I waved.

They both waved in return, "So, we were thinking.." Hercules started, "Since tomorrow is a weekend and we all took Saturday's off, we could all go swimming tomorrow!"

Ah crap. Of course. Well, I can't swim. I opened my mouth to deny, when John popped up behind my shoulder and decided to answer for me.

"We'd love too!" He grinned, while I shot him a death glare. I guess I couldn't get too mad, he doesn't know and I didn't want him to know. I didn't want any of them to know.

"Well, I actually um... me and Eliza were going to... do something... tomorrow..."

"No you're not. We already asked Eliza and she agreed. Same with Peggy and Angelica." Hercules replied, with a huge smile.

I rolled my eyes, of course she did. "Mon ami, why don't you want to go?" Lafayette said, looking at me with a slight frown.

I stared at him then shrugged, and looked at the floor, "I'm not huge on swimming."

"Oh well, you're going." Hercules replied quickly.

*******

"John, I'm not feeling good. I can't go."

John looked at me and frowned. He grabbed a thermometer from his drawer, then walked towards me and stuffed it in my mouth.

A few minutes later it beeped and he pulled it out, he glared at me. "You're fine. You're going." He murmured then turned around and continued packing swimming stuff in his bag.

My eyes narrowed. "Well, I don't even have a swim suit!" I shouted. John sighed again and walked to my drawer and pulled out basketball shorts, which I had no idea I had and showed them to me.

"Do you care about these?" I shrugged, "Not really." John nodded, "Well, congrats. You have a swimsuit." John muttered, throwing the shorts in his bag.

I groaned, I wasn't going to give up yet though. "I sunburn easily."

"No you don't. If you do, I brought sun screen."

"I'm allergic to water."

"No, you're not. I saw you chugging a bottle of water yesterday."

I rolled my eyes in defeat, then plopped on my bed. "Fine." I snapped, "But I'm not going to like it."

*******

We finally arrived at where we were swimming. I actually had no idea, due to the fact no one told me. But we were at the Schuyler sisters mansion.

We walked to the door and I turned to John, due to the fact I was being forced to swim I literally made john carry everything. He glared at me, "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to knock? My hands are.. kind of full."

I rolled my eyes then turned to the door and rang the doorbell instead, so rebellious. I stepped back beside john and we stared at the door and wait.

A few seconds later the door swung open and Eliza stared at us then grinned and waved, "Hi. Hercules and Lafayette already arrived, so everyone's outside right now."

We both nodded then she stepped aside and opened the door more, "Come on in."

Me and John both took the offer and walked in. We looked around and Eliza pointed to a door, "That's where everyone is. There's two changing rooms outside. I'm going to go to my room, I'll be back." Eliza said, and with that she ran off.

Me and John looked at each other then both walked outside. Right when we walked out the door a beach ball hit my face. I scowled and turned to see Hercules and Lafayette both dying of laughter.

"It's not funny." I muttered, then followed john to a table.

*****

Okie so this is an early chapter, but hey. The past two days I haven't been at school yesterday because I fell and like my leg is dead so I didn't go to stay off it, and today we got snowed in. This is also a little filler chapter, so sorry about that. Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you all like it so far c: and bye! Oh and one smol thing here's a smol self promotion because I'm like that cx I have a Hamilton fan account if you'd like to follow that c: it's @/andpeggle that's it okie bye cx

All Because of a Turtle [Modern Day Lams FanFiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें