Chapter 15

Johns POV

"Come on Alex!" I shouted shooting Alex a playful grin. He sat on a lawn chair, he was in his bathing suit but he hasn't as much as poked the water.

Alex looked up from his phone and looked at me, then Eliza then back to his phone. "I'd rather not." He mumbled.

I frowned then turned to Eliza. She stared at Alex then turned to me with a small frown as well. I looked back at Alex and suddenly grinned and idea popping up into my mind.

I waded towards the steps and climbed out of the water, then made my way towards Alex. He looked up at me, "What, John? I'm not in the mood for swimming, so please don't try to ma-"

I interrupted him, by just picking him up. He dropped his phone on the chair and instantly tried to kick me, "John, put me down right now!" He shouted while I just grinned and walked to the water.

Alex screamed and I just laughed then well, threw him in the water. He shouted and right when he hit the water he started flailing his arms and legs around trying to stay afloat.

"JOHN..... I.... CANT SWIM....! HELP!" He shouted, while I just stared at him.

I grinned and put my hands over my mouth, stopping myself from laughing but still giggled. "Alex, just stand up! You're in the shallow end." Eliza shouted at him.

Alex froze then stood up and crossed his arms and glared at the water, "I knew that."

"Right, right." I agreed sarcastically.

Alex looked up at me giving me a death glare then just flipped me off. I laughed then jumped in the water. When I surfaced I turned to Alex and Eliza stood beside him, holding up arm floaties while he just glared at them.

"Alex, please."

"No."

"Alex!"

"I said no. I'm fine."

"You can't swim."

"Yes I can."

"You just said you couldn't swim."

"I lied."

"You're lying right now."

"I said no, Eliza."

"Please, it'll make me feel much better."

That caught Alex's attention and he scowled, "Fine." He snapped, "But I'm not going to like it."

Eliza grinned and handed him the arm floats while he put them on slowly in defeat.

I grinned watching them then Alex turned to me, "Why're you so smiley? This is your fault in the first place!" He shouted then kinda waddled over to me.

I bit my lip then just went under water and swam to the deeper end away from Alex, then surfaced to see Alex looking around confused. He spot me then started to swim towards me once more.

Once he arrived he instantly just pushed my head underwater. I opened my mouth to protest, only for it to be filled up with water.

Once he pushed me under I instantly grabbed his leg then dragged him under too.

He flailed his arms and legs around, so I let go of him and he became afloat while I swam up and looked at him, "Not cool." I muttered.

"Right. You threw me in the water, I'd say that's not cool either."

I rolled my eyes then splashed him with water. He glared at me then yet again pushed me under. I closed my eyes shut right when he did so then an idea popped into my mind.

I thrashed around for a second or two, then pretend to fall limp and sink to the bottom of the pool.

Luckily, the water was the kind that wouldn't hurt your eyes too bad if you opened them so I opened an eye and looked up at Alex.

I couldn't make out what he was saying but he was screaming and Peggy and Eliza soon swam over, Hercules shortly followed them.

Hercules began to dive down towards me and I glared at him then winked. He quickly caught on and swam up and started talking to Alex.

I closed my eyes for a second then opened them again to see Alex tearing off his floats then diving under the water.

Hold up. He can't swim. My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed him and surfaced then swam to the side of the pool and set him on the sidewalk then took a moment to process what had just happened.

Alex can't swim. He knows he can't swim. He thought I drowned. He thought I died, and he was willing to risk his life to save mine. He took off the floats, and went under water with the possibility of dying, just to save me.

I stared at Alex and he coughed then looked at me, he grinned. "So you weren't drowning. Now that's rude. But I still technically saved you." I couldn't help but crack a little grin.

"Sure. We're just going to ignore the fact that you could've also drowned?"

Alex shrugged, "Well, it worked. Did it not?"

I rolled my eyes then turned around. Eliza stared at us. Her eyes huge. She looked upset in a way. She noticed me looking at her then quickly turned her gaze away.

Suddenly, another beach ball came charging towards me and Alex but this time it hit me. I whipped around to see yet again Hercules and Lafayette laughing.

"Enough of this love triangle! Let's actually have some fun!"

********

Alex's POV

It was the day after we had gone swimming. John was currently gone, I don't know where he was but he wasn't at the dorm. I walked to my bed and sat down then looked around and instantly I remembered the note.

I still had the note. I ran to my drawer and pulled out the pants I had put the note in. I grabbed it out then stared at it and traced it with my fingers.

I slowly backed up to my bed, and plopped down. I unfolded the note and read it to myself.

To, Alexander Hamilton

I haven't told you, but I love you.
I love you too much.
You take over my thoughts to the point where I can't think of anything else but you.
You intrude my sleep, I meet you in every dream.
I wake up and there you are.
I love you, Alexander Hamilton.

- John Laurens

*******

Okay, so like I literally just used a letter that Alexander wrote Eliza, because I'm not creative and I changed a few things. That's it, this is pretty much a filler chapter? Kinda? Idk.