chapter two

I opened my locker, relief flooding through me that the school day was finally over. I was about to reach in to grab my precalculus textbook when the metal door slammed shut. I turned to see my best friend, Britt, standing next to me, wearing a pissed expression, her arms crossed over her chest. Even when she was mad, she was still beautiful. Her tan skin was lit by the cheap school lighting, showing off her clear complexion. She was 5'9'' and model skinny. Her only flaw was the braces that covered her pearly white teeth, but those would eventually be taken off. If she wasn't my best friend, I probably would have hated her.

"Uhh... excuse you," I remarked.

"What the hell happened to you last night? One minute, you were going to get some fresh air and then you were gone for like an hour. I had to call Link to come pick me up since you ditched me," Britt complained.

"I'm sorry," I stated. I'd been avoiding this conversation all day by getting lunch off-campus and avoiding all the spots we usually met up at throughout the day. "Things kind of took an unexpected turn last night."

Britt raised her eyebrows. "As in?"

"You can't tell anyone," I warned her. "This seriously has to stay between us."

"Duh."

"Okay, umm... I had sex with Andy Biersack," I whispered.

Britt's eyes looked as though they were going to pop out from their sockets as her jaw dropped. "What the fuck? You lost your virginity to-," she shouted before I clamped my hand over her mouth to shut up. Eyes were already wandering over to us.

"He's like 30," she gasped out once I removed my hand.

"He's 29 actually," I replied. 

"That's still so weird. Like, he's hot and all, but he's so old."

"No, he's not, and it was amazing."

"You're actually being serious right now. Oh my god, tell me everything."

With a sigh, I quickly breezed over the details of the past evening. I told her everything from meeting behind the drink to us going backstage. "And then... we, umm, did it." The idea of sex still felt awkward in my mind. I'd lost my virgin label, but I really didn't feel any different. I still felt innocent and vulnerable and naive.

"What was it like?" Britt asked. 

"Well, it was painful, but after a while, kind of nice," I explained quietly as we walked out of the school building and into the emptying parking lot.

"Did he like take care of you after and stuff?"

"Definitely not," I replied, almost scoffing at the idea. "He didn't really know, and afterwards, he basically kicked me out."

"Seriously?" Britt gaped.

"Yeah, he was like, this was great and all but I have to get going. So I like got dressed and he walked me to my car, kissed me, and then left. I didn't even get his number."

"Ouch," she muttered. "Nothing could have happened anyway," Britt continued, as if it was supposed to be reassuring. "I mean, that's illegal, you know? It's like statutory rape. If he wasn't Andy Biersack, one of the hottest old dudes ever, I'd find this totally wrong and disgusting."

"It didn't feel wrong," I mumbled, more to myself. Thinking back to last night, it had all felt perfect. Even through the pain, I had liked the way Andy had touched me. There was something about the guy that made me feel different. I no longer felt like some silly sixteen year old girl that no boy ever paid attention to. I felt wanted and mature.