I blame it all on these people's stupid superstition. None of that will help though. Anything I do, they're afraid of. If I walked around asking for food, they think I'll put a spell on them or something. Even when I was five, I have some memories of angry mothers hitting me with a broom until I was far enough from their children.

Once I even had a gun pointed at me as a warning to stay away. After that I learned to stay away from families. The only helpful person in this whole hellhole is Nick. He's nice to me and respected my family and Mr. Kenny. He gets me food every day so I can survive. He knows I may not want to survive, but he does it anyways. Everyday he'll come to Mr. Kenny's house to see if I've been eating, morning and night. He can't come in afternoon because he has to work.

Nick is an only child, but lives with his wife. His parents had passed away, but he wasn't considered an orphan because he was already married and was of age. He had inherited all that was his parent's after they had died. He has a young girl and two young boys.

Even though his wife doesn't question doing something good, she still worries. She once came instead of Nick to warn me that if anything happened, she would have every right to blame me.

When she had said that, I looked her in the eye and felt my eyes change. She got a little freaked out, but she saw the message. My eyes had turned a light pink. The color for love and gratitude. She knew I would never do anything to hurt someone I am thankful to have.

She didn't show up too often after that. The only times she came were to help me with a wound I had gotten from being beat up on the street.

I don't pick fights or anything, but the bullies who are around an area that I happened to walk by, decide to welcome me well. She scolds me all the time, but she's pretty helpful. She helped me draw a map of the whole city. Then another of the whole town. We put red lines where I had gotten beat up, found new routes for me to take to get to different places and such, and she even found a route to the woods- my escape route.

Now, however, as I am sitting at the edge of the woods, my reverse-escape-route seemed blocked off.

I wanted to get to Mr. Kenny's house, and I didn't want to wait for any stupid celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping my eye on the main street- where most of the celebration was- I walked around the houses, staying in the shadows of the trees. I didn't want to be seen anywhere close to any celebrating. There were a few home- celebrations, where they watch the city's celebrating and they can get a view from the roofs of the town's celebrating. I made sure to avoid those too.

Mr. Kenny's house was fairly close to the woods on a side street. His house was a small two bedroom; it had a living space, a kitchen, and two bathrooms. His house had dark paint on the inside, and a brick front. He had a small front yard- no porch- and a very small backyard. He had flowers everywhere outside, with automatic sprinklers.

His house was alone. The street led up to his house and his only. It was a short street, surrounded by the backs of houses with covered yards. Most used hedges on my side and a brick wall on theirs. The street just led to another side street and a few shops.

Thankfully, I could get into the back of Mr. Kenny's house by sliding under or climbing over the gate that kept out wild animals. Behind the gate were the woods. The only down side to using this was that the side of the woods opposite Mr. Kenny's house was full of wolves. And it was dark. You don't normally see wolves during the day close to his house, but they were often around at night.

When I was getting closer, I decided to risk being seen rather than being killed by wolves. I walked swiftly and silently to the house line and kept my head down as I picked up my pace. There was no way in hell I was going to want to see another wild animal tonight.

I wanted to get back to the house as soon as possible, so I started to jog. When I reached Mr. Kenny's back yard gate, I looked around me. There wasn't anything around, but it sure was silent out there. I decided to brush the thought aside and went under the gate.

I always left the back door open, because the only way back there was through the door or through the back gate. There wasn't a path around from the front or anything. Then there was also the time that I almost locked myself out, until I remembered that there was a key in the potted plant next to the door.

I let myself in and looked around. Mr. Kenny left me a huge savings, but he didn't want me to spend it decorating. I know that because he told me that if I ran out of money for my care and well- being, he wanted me to start selling stuff.

I always kept the lights off, unless I had Nick here- who was horrible in terms of seeing in the dark unlike me. At least it saved tons of money and I would never have a huge electrical bill. Well, I might if I'm nonstop on the computer. I like the internet because people across the world think you're just some random person and not an orphan who has color changing eyes.

That's where I went to as soon as I walked in- the computer.

I didn't know exactly what I was going to do, but my hands and feet seemed to. I walked to the computer and sat down, turning it on and waiting. After typing in the password, I opened Internet Explorer and went to Google.

Then I started typing. I simply watched as my own fingers typed in something in. When my eyes cleared and I saw what I had typed in, without thinking I pressed enter.

I had typed in what I couldn't get out of my head for the past hour: "What color are a wolf's eyes?"

I clicked the first website, and read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- The site I used is on the sideline as an external link. It's all about the anatomy of wolves and stuff. You can check it out for anything like to see what it's about or use it for your own story.