Close Call

//Author: Because I am so kind and I have many draft chapters in my list for this story already, here is a new one. But I'm not going to publish next time unless this chapter receives at least 5 votes. Comment, vote, and give feedback so I can further better your experience. Stay loyal to the metal man. :0)//

When Danika came home, she sighed in relief. Coffee buzzed in her veins and the cheesecake aftertaste oh-so-pleasingly remained on her taste buds. Now to replace the core.

"I met Steve Rogers... The Captain America. And could've blown my cover god damn it!" She was about to throw her handbag on the floor somewhere until she remembered what it contained. Not only her phone but also the new core.

Shit, that was a close one.

"Can you be more careful next time?" Ultron criticised as he practically experienced his new 'heart' just about thrown to the hard, concrete floor.

"I'm sorry." Danika grinned sheepishly. She slowly walked over to her workshop computer as she examined its condition and the layout of it.

"This looks so amazing. Unearthly just about." She commented.

"Which is what that bastard of a man usually goes for." He sounded. Marie-Anne was still not home, got hours to spare. He paused before he continued. "You know preparing this body is pointless."

"I'm not getting your other one for you." She immediately answered as she placed the core on her desk.

"What? Why not!?"

"Calm down tin can I have a reason!" She yelled, gaining his immediate attention.

"Go on." He said with frustration.

"Wow. You really do have emotions." She shook her head. "Anyway. There are two reasons why I am not getting it for you." She said. She held her index finger up in front of the web camera from a distance.

"Reason one; you're much more preferred body is actually damaged beyond repair. I've seen it on the news, as well as articles and there is a ton of photographic evidence to prove such."

"Well, what is your other reason, Danika Harvey. Tell me." He was definitely unimpressed.

But not for long.

"There is a newer metal that I can obtain which is both stronger and more beneficial."

"And how are you supposed to 'obtain' this metal?" He questioned.

"From a friend."

"It better not be that friend of yours that we've met today." Danika sighed.

"From a different friend. And what d you have against Trey? He's hot."

"That's disgusting."

"So's the fact that you still want to take over this world despite what I've told you."

"I won't listen to a mere human."

"Who happens to be helping you, and knows how to terminate you from existence and scrape any chance of survival."

Silence lingered in the air thereafter. Sweet, sweet silence.

"Continue then." He gave in.

"I met someone only a few weeks ago. She's really scary because she's my doppelganger and yes I believe in that myth. Now!" Danika sat on her office chair and went through her contacts before revealing a female that looked exactly like her.

And she could've been mistaken for her if it weren't for the name.

"Amelia DeBroune?" He questioned.

"Fun fact," Danika added," Amelia is my middle name." Danika gave a short giggle. "That's so cool!"

"Small things entertained small minds." Ultron huffed.

"I have a higher IQ than the average, even the above average so I have a right to get a break every once in a while."

"Whatever makes you happy."

"You being kinder would make me happy." Silence, once again filled the air. But this time it felt sour.

"Being, kinder to you?"

"I've only been flaring insults at you because you insult me first. It takes two to tango but you've caused the majority of the work."

"Why thank you." Ultron boasted. To which Danika rolled her eyes.

-

It was really late, and Danika probably should've been in bed, but she sat at her bedroom computer, skimming through parts and metal and components.

"All of those seem a little out of your budget." Ultron mocked.

"There only here for reference." Danika yawned and covered her mouth in the process.

"How did you get to my computer anyway?"

"Actually I'm still communicating from your earpiece."

"Right."

"And I was already in here. You need to sleep." Danika snorted.

"And since when do you care?" She questioned, raising a brow.

"You'll be useless to me if you don't work at optimal potential."

"I never work at optimal potential." She remarked. She sighed and raked her fingers through her hair, rubbed her eyes and refocused her attention onto the part references.

"I have a feeling that you want my spare body for more than you say."

"You are correct on that." She whispered.

"But why?"

"Well, believe it or not, I kind of want to be remembered for my future work."

"And that means..."

"I plan to somehow stay longer than my human lifespan."

"You're saying that you want to transfer your consciience to the body?" Danika chuckled.

"Not that body. I'm creating my own as well as yours. I'm just using it as reference and as a body for you until I get the required components." Danika stretched her limbs and gave out a yawn, her eyes adjusted to the screen yet again.

...

Ping!

A notification popped up on Danika's phone, which immediately took her attention as soon as she realised what it was for.

"That was quick." She mumbled as she grasped the phone. She went into messages and saw three words that made her smile in satisfaction.

'I'll arrive tomorrow.'- Amelia DeBroune.