Family, The Best Medicine

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, anything new this time?"

He takes a sit next to me and kisses my hand. His demeanor being cautious, waiting for something tragic or dramatic. I squeeze his hand and start drawing circles around his veins.

"I can remember what I was exactly feeling before the accident. What I was thinking to be exact."

"And what was that?"

"That we should start planning our wedding as soon as possible"

He turns around so fast that hurts my ribs again with the sudden movement of the mattress.

"Ouch!"

"Shit! I'm sorry, love. Are you ok? Are you sure? Are you thinking straight?"

His statement surprises me. I thought he was going to be excited and not doubt me.

"I mean, only if you want to. I thought you wanted this. But we can always wait."

He frowns confused. – "Wait? Why wait? This is all I've wanted for such a long time, I was just waiting for you to be ready. We never got to think of a date."

"Or what kind of wedding we wanted."

His smile grows and he gets closer to kiss me on the cheek. – "As long as I'm marrying you, I don't care what kind of wedding we have, I just want to be with you forever. Specially after..."

His voice breaks and he inhales to stop his emotions. I reach over to touch his face and try to calm him down.

"I'm sorry I made you this worry."

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault, but forget about that. Tell me your plans. I want to hear everything."

"Aren't we supposed to be downstairs with the rest of the family?"

"No, they can wait. I really want to hear you out."

I smile feeling the luckiest girl in the world. He's so tender and caring.

"Ok so, I was thinking that I want to become Mrs. Dornan as soon as possible..."

He kisses me then pulls apart.

"Sorry, continue, just love the sound of that"

"What? Mrs. Dornan?"

He assaults my lips again causing me to giggle and mi ribs hurt again.

"Sorry, sorry! I'll stop"

I shake my head while giggling.

"You goof! Anyways, I think we should plan a simple wedding, just our loved ones, the ones that are always here for us. Maybe on the beach? I don't know, somewhere near the ocean."

His smile was so bright and contagious that I found myself smiling along.

"It sounds perfect to me. Where would you like to go?"

"I don't really care for a specific place, it could be somewhere in the Caribbean or Hawaii."

He gave me a knowing look.

"You know you wouldn't be able to surf if we went to Hawaii, right?"

I pout again and nod.

"I know, I know!"

"I'd marry you in a dumpster if you wanted to. So anywhere in the world its perfect to me."

He kisses me once again but keeps it gentle. I sigh into the kiss.

"How can you make me fall in love with you over and over again?"

"The same way you do to me."

I smile at his cuteness overload and peck him on the cheek.