(19)Deep Sea Dreaming

Começar do início

I tip-toed over to the god of Death's bed.

There he was- lying on his large mattress; his hands flared up beside him, one on the pillow and the other hanging from the bed. Thanatos' legs were wrapped weirdly in the sheets, his feet sticking out and his face pointed to the side, away from me. The room was dark- the curtains pulled shut and the fireplace quiet. It was strange to see him like this.

So vulnerable.

I suppressed my gleeful smile.

I assumed that Hypnos had his way and managed to 'fix' his brother.

Oh, watching Thanatos wake up will be so entertaining. I need some popcorn...
Do they even have popcorn in the underworld?

I walked around the bed to glance at his face. My heart swelled as my eyes landed on his peaceful expression. He looked so serene; no evil smirk, no angry glare- just complete innocence.

What a strange sight.

I watched as his muscled chest moved slowly up and down as he breathed; his lips slightly parted and his thick, long eyelashes touching his tanned cheeks.

What a beautiful sight...

I caught myself staring dreamily at his face and blushed.

Well, that would be embarrassing if he was awake. 

Oh, but wait- he isn't...

Let the staring continue.

I stifled a schoolgirl giggle as I quietly pulled up a chair and sat down with my legs over the arms rest and my eyes focused on the sleeping god in front of me.

This should be fun...

I licked my finger and paged over; my eyes skimming the beige pages of the old manuscript I found in one of Thanatos' shelves

I heard a rusting noise.

Finally... Good Lord.

It was nearly dusk as Thanatos eyes started to flutter. I quickly put the book on the floor and turned my body back straight in the comfy chair. I crossed my legs as a large smile ran up my mouth- the excitement at his bewilderment on the tip of my tongue.

This was going to be so good...

Thanatos grunted; his legs twitching as he swung his one arm over to my side and onto the other. He groaned sleepily.

My smile widened.

His eyelids fluttered more until they slowly started to open- a look of pure grogginess painted on his face. Thanatos parted his lips. I could only image how blurry my image was before him, but as he open his eyes more, a deep crease formed on his forehead and his brows furrowed up in puzzlement.