(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 1)

https://vimeo.com/223180125

Trust me- You want to watch the video above...

Thank me later.

'Of all the reckless things

'Of all the reckless things...'

Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 1)

I knew exactly what she'd wanted to say to me

Before, when she'd tried to say it back at the palace, I'd just brushed it aside- too afraid to really give it any thought, but now- here.

I knew.

She loved me.

How?

Of all the reckless things Aurora could do she had to go and fall in love with me?

I was death and ruin and- I've never loved. Not like that. Nothing like that. Nowhere near that...

I was shocked, yes, but my heart nearly exploded as those soft words fell from her lips. I wanted to rip them out from her mouth and touch them. I wanted to feel them with my fingers and watch them reflect in her eyes.

I wanted them.

I craved them.

How would I even know if I felt the same? Would it be like a bolt of lightning? A sweet smell or a prickling sensation in my chest? I felt the latter quite often whenever we were together. When I touched her, my chest hummed. My heart- I suppose that's the right word for it.

Heart.

My heart.

I touched the place I thought to be hollow for the past four-thousand years as I stared down at her sleeping form. Aurora was dreaming, I could tell. Her eyebrows flinched slowly and her breathing was very quiet and dawdling.

I stood over her beautiful form, watching her.

I'd snuck into her room through her open balcony from my mine. I couldn't sleep- not without her. It felt... unnatural.

I exhaled a shaky breath and closed my eyes.

I need her.

I needed to know every single thing about her- from when she was born till now. I needed to know her without any limitations.

My head was pounding and my hands felt bone-dry. I felt ill.

Gods, I couldn't even stand the thought of her being a few feet away from me, in another room. It drove me mad with frustration and left me feeling broody to the point of being snappy and ill-tempered.

I shook my head and tried to compose myself.

Leave, Thanatos, before you lose it.

Push it down.

I turned to leave, but I couldn't.

NO.

Enough of this- I'm not a machine, she said so herself. Why do I keep doing this? Why do we keep pushing ourselves away?

I turned back to her and gently lifted the thin blanket. It was a hot night and her tanned skin was slick against her silk negligee. I reached out to run my hand down the length of her stomach, shivering at the touch. Aurora stirred.

I climbed into bed and scooted in next to her. Her blue eyes opened with a small shock, but then she quickly recovered and groggily asked; "Thanatos? What's wrong?"

I grabbed her and pulled her into me, my lips searching for hers. We kissed tenderly, my lips enjoying the feel of hers; "Nothing, my darling. I just wanted to be close to you."

Aurora looked like she was about to cry.

I had the feeling my unresponsiveness earlier had made her feel extremely self-conscious and slightly humiliated. My heart ached at the thought of causing her pain.

I squeezed her harder and she smiled contently as she cuddled into my bare chest. I held onto her like a lifeboat.

My light...

In my mind the same words kept repeating over and over.

Aurora is in love with me.

Of all the reckless things...

NEXT UPDATE- 10th of July