(33)Moonstone Delights

*Song- Halsey, Not afraid anymore

*Pic- Thany... Sorry for the nose bleed ;3

'I never could get over the initial shock of him

'I never could get over the initial shock of him...'

Moonstone Delights

A few weeks passed with no luck

Thanatos had gathered a small army of his finest reapers, led by Hermes, and had the entire Mt. Etna searched from peak to base. There wasn't much to find- some human bones, old relics and ruins and snow; lots and lots of snow.

The fact that it had erupted quite a few times after the great Titan war didn't help much either... Most of the mountain was covered with a thick layer of hard volcanic rock. The investigation continued with Thanatos running around most of the day trying to juggle his trade as the god of death and at night he was off in search of more leads.

He kept coming back home exhausted and livid. The one day he nearly knocked a Cyclops' head clean off- a few nights ago he actually did.

I tried to be there for him, to spoil him when he got back, but I was running just as low on fuel as he was. Ever since the Fury incident, Lady Claudia and Professor Lorne had been pushing me extra hard, explaining that my magic needed the pressure and that I could clearly take a much heavier work load.

My numb body begged to differ.

Thanatos was having no luck with the demi-gods, witnesses and come to think of it, Zeus wasn't being very helpful either. He had more important things on his mind than solving this killing, which irked Thanatos to the point of shooting fire from his ears.

And made me slightly suspicious...

Zeus was the last person to see the sickle? Would it be so far-fetched to think the king of the gods was behind all of this all along? Revenge on Hecate for trying to kill his son, Ares? No... Why would he wait so long after the incident? The puzzle pieces were becoming more, but I still couldn't see the image.

We needed more time- more clues.

I shook my head, trying to concentrate on my new project from Professor Lorne. It was a presentation on the effects of ancestral magic on the aura and all I'd managed to complete in the past two hours was the title and a cute smiley-face at the bottom of my rough draft.