(26)Aurora Borealis

'It would haunt me- I knew that very well, but I'd made a choice...'

Aurora Borealis

The Italian air was hot and stuffy, but luckily my turquoise dress was light and airy as I made my way down the street

The Italian air was hot and stuffy, but luckily my turquoise dress was light and airy as I made my way down the street. My pendant glistened in the sunlight.

I passed a couple with their hands interlocked and their faces beaming with blissful smiles. It felt nauseating to watch...

An old woman strolled past me with a packet of bread in her hands. She shot me a funny look, which momentarily confused me, but I quickly realised that my knuckles were still covered in blood. Luckily for me, none of Delilah's blood had splattered onto my dress- and my hands I could still easily clean. I rubbed at the red tainted skin.

I tucked them behind my back and attempted an innocent smile as the old lady raised her brow. My dress and sandals seemed normal enough in this warm weather and my hair was loose, hanging over my shoulders.

I walked faster as a worrying thought hit me; I was an open target- the street emptied out and the area around me was quiet.

I dodged left and made my way to a nature park close by. I could see tons of children and parents, couples and dogs- it seemed safe enough. It was busy and very large with high trees and a dense forest. I was in a rural area of the land, with fencing around the mountain tops to keep the larger animals out.

The portal had spat me out onto a barren alleyway between two Italian boutiques. From what I could make out, I was in a small town, just a few kilometres away Donata. I had no intention of going there; I knew Thanatos was searching for me, and so was Alexus probably, but I had to clear my head and take a break.

Breathing was easier here; the air more natural and light.

I entered the park from the side and tried to make myself as small as possible, not to attract any attention. I swiftly walked past a couple of picnic-goers and a young girl walking her Collie dog. The dog sniffed the air, probably smelling the blood, but I was quicker and agilely ducked into a more condensed area of trees. It was quiet as the birds sang and I could make out the faint sound of a river.

I walked towards the noise and after a few minutes I ended up next to a rushing stream. There were kids all around- swinging into the water with makeshift ropes attached to the branches of the trees and across from me, on the other side of the stream, sat a few teenagers, drinking and chatting.

I tried to stay inconspicuous by keeping camouflaged in the rough foliage. I made my way towards an empty area and quickly washed my hands clean- the dried blood washing off and into the clear water with ease.

I patted my hands dry on my dress and sat down under a tall Birch tree. The quiet quickly overtook me and my heart sped up again as I recounted everything that had happened in the past half an hour.