(3)Stirred and Viridian-filled

A special early update... Enjoy! Xx

'We were 'friends'- in a strange way

'We were 'friends'- in a strange way...'

Stirred and Viridian-filled

Hades stood with his back to me; his long, lean finger tapping at his sharp chin as he examined the letter in his hand

A short messenger stood a few feet from him, his head bowed in respect. Upon hearing my footsteps echoing through the large, dark dome, the messenger glanced up. The young man's relaxed face tightened into a fearful grimace as he quickly averted his eyes back to the ground.

I glared at him as I strutted towards my master.

I was in a particularly nasty mood.

"Hades."

The older god turned his head at the sound of my firm voice.

"Ah... There you are." He pushed the letter into the messengers face, nearly knocking the lad off his feet in the process. The boy grumbled softly and left- taking Hades' lack of a reply to the message as a clear dismissal.

"What is it now? I was just busy sending off a crew of mercenaries to their end."

"Yes, well, sorry to keep you from your fun, but I wanted to have a word with you."

"I wouldn't call 'landmines' fun, but alright. What is it?"

I think Hades forgets that I'm not as wicked as he always assumes I am.
I may be the god of death, but that did not necessarily mean I enjoyed every minute of it; or every death for that matter.

Even the colour red becomes boring.

Don't get me wrong- I loved my work. I have to; I am Death after all, but a nice break once in a while wouldn't be too bad either.

A 'thank you' would be a pleasant change too. It would take a rather long and alcohol-infused night to remember all the shit I've had to do for the throne. Both Hades and Zeus have had their share of my expertise in driving certain situations towards their desired outcome- to put it tactfully. Once again, it seemed Hades required an ear...