The Sorting

~~~Nico Pov~~~

After Hermione and her friends, Hurry and Run, I think those were their names, came back we were arriving at the school. I heard Annabeth gasp.

"It's beautiful," I looked over to see what she was gushing about and saw an extravagant castle.

"That's Hogwarts," Run said.

"I am going to enjoy this school year," Annabeth said not looking away from the school.

"And I'm going to enjoy it because you are," Percy said staring at Annabeth. The train started to slow down and after it had stopped we all stood up and left the train.

We walked over to carriages that were being pulled by what looked like horses, but they radiated death.

"Hey Hermione," I asked, "What are those horse looking things. Instead of Hermione answering a voice in my head did.

"We are thestrals lords," I jumped. Percy also heard them because he looked shocked too.

"Your fathers worked together to create us. We are horses, but we can only be seen by those who have seen someone die," Percy and I both relaxed.

We all climbed into a carriage and started towards the 'school' that was more like a castle.

---Time Skippy---

We were about half way there when Thalia finally asked the question I had been debating whether or not to ask ever since we got into the carriages.

"What will happen after we get to the school?"

"You'll be sorted into your houses," Hermione said simply.

"Houses?" Thalia asked.

"Yeah, Hufflepuff for the loyal, Ravenclaw for the wise, Slytherin for the cunning, and Harry, Ron and I's house Gryffindor for the brave." Oh, it's Harry and Ron not Hurry and Run. That makes more sense.

"So, how do we get sorted?" guess who asked.

"You'll see."

"What's with you and all of the you'll sees?" Thalia asked accusingly.

"What's with you and all of the questions?" I said under my breath. I, however, said it a bit too loudly because soon everyone burst out laughing. Except for Thalia, who looked furious, and myself because I was scared because Thalia looked furious. Lucky for me we were arriving at the castle and she didn't have time to say or do anything before we had stopped and had to get out of the carriage.

We all walked up to the steps where a certain granddaughter of Hecate was waiting. (A/N Minerva McGonagall's father was a son of Hecate.)

"There you all are," Minerva said, "Hermione, Harry, Ron, you can go in the rest of you stay here and wait until I call you in."

---Time Skippy---

After what felt like forever, but was really only like 15 minutes, we heard our cue.

"And please welcome the first ever exchange students at Hogwarts from Hecate's School of Magic in America," Minerva announced. We walked in.

The first thing I saw were five tables. Five of them horizontal to the right and one vertical to the left.

"The exchange students will be sorted like all of the first years, but regardless of their age will all be in the eighth year."

(A/N the names are in no particular order.)

"Mclean, Piper" Piper walked up and Minerva placed an old hat on her head. A few seconds later.

"Gryffindor"

This happened to everyone else until it was just me left.

Minerva smiled, "di Angelo, Nico," the hall went silent. I knew it was because my mother was a witch and her side of the family was renowned for using dark magic. Meaning I also didn't need to be blessed because I already had magic and I was already a wizard by blood.

I walked up and Minerva placed the hat on my head.

"A di Angelo."

"Yes."

"I haven't seen anyone from your bloodline in a long time."

"I'm aware," I felt the hat trying to see into my head.

"You know, I can't sort you correctly if you don't show me your memories."

"I'm aware," I was starting to get annoyed.

"Show me them or I will have no choice, but to place you in Slytherin like all of your ancestors." I knew I needed to stay with my friends, so I let the hat into my head.

I saw my memories. The hat started to say something out loud, "Slyther-," then I saw my memories of Tartarus, of Percy and Annabeth falling, of Jason finding out about my sexuality and of me confessing my feelings to Percy and Annabeth.

"How are you sane?"

"I don't know."

"Gryffindor!" the hat announced. I went to join my friends at the Gryffindor table still shaking slightly from all of the things I just relived.

When I sat down I felt arms wrap around me and looked up to see Will hugging me. I leaned into him. A few seconds later food appeared on the tables and we all started eating.