"how weird do I look on a scale of 1 to 10?" she asks, slowly walking over to me.

"100." I say, not making her feel any better.

she sticks up a middle finger, showing off her bitten nails.

"yeah I know, my nails are ugly as hell. I'm getting them done this weekend and you better come with me." she says, as if she could read my mind.

I chuckle. "whatever. how's your nose?"

"it's getting there. it looks good though, but it will be slightly swollen for a day or two and then I will be able to take off this stupid bandage."

"oh okay. aslong as you're happy that's all that matters girl." i stand up and wait for her to put on her bomber jacket.

ayana got surgery performed on her nose as she has always been insecure about it. her parents didn't seem to mind and helped her pay for it. at first, I kept telling her it was a bad idea because sometimes surgery can make a person look even worse. but ayana was insistent on getting it done and who was I stop her? as a friend I decided to support her instead of judge.

"you wanna get something to eat? I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. this surgery procedure made me lose my appetite."

"okay. let's go to five guys. a burger sounds good for breakfast." I suggest.

"how are you feeling miss rodney?" the white girl at the reception asks ayana.

"tired." ayana mutters.

"thank you for attending today. we hope the results are what you expect."

"thank you." ayana tries to smile but she just couldn't force it. I could tell she was definitely exhausted.

she says goodbye to the girl and we make our way to my car. I drive in the direction of five guys.

"you think I should straighten my hair?" ayana questions, examining her curly locks in the small rearview mirror.

i shake my head abruptly. "hell to the no. your hair is beautiful and long and so full. "

"but it's always in the way." she whines.

"so what? if you get straight hair it will make your whole face shape look dodgy."

"you think so?"

"uh-huh. now, get that thought out of ya head."

we pull up outside of the restaurant and go inside. we both order a burger, fries and a milkshake. my greedy ass ate most of ayana's fries since she still didn't have much of an appetite.

"after i feel better and get this bandage of my nose, we are getting lit." ayana says.

"oh no ayana, the last time we got lit, I lost my heels. leave me out of it." i say.

she groans."you're my bestie. you gotta come to parties with me."

"I don't remember us ever making a pact that made it compulsory for me to attend parties with you ."