Chapter 105

Dominic squeezes the pebble sized crystal in his hand, centering it just above his leg as a bright flash of light illuminates the room for what seems like less than a second. As soon as I open my eyes I look down and see that the exposed bone, surrounded in a pool of blood and dangling skin is now completely healed. Even though I knew what would happen I can't deny that it's pretty unbelievable and it's hard not to stare, wondering if my eyes are really just playing tricks on me.

"Zull spoke the truth," Dominic says, pulling me out of my thoughts, "The Demons have Skylar."

My eyes instantly go to his, "No!" I shout, "We—we have to find him!"

"The Cemetery!" Zack interrupts, "Zull said that's where they've taken him!" he jumps to his feet as Dominic suddenly rushes toward the door and stops, "Keep her safe," he says over his shoulder without looking back at me and I scramble to my feet, hoping I can stop him.

"Dominic!" I call his name but it's too late. He's gone before I can explain...before I can tell him that Skylar and I were just friends. And now he's on his way to fight the Demons. The one thing I tried like hell to stop, the one thing that was once my nightmare is now a reality.

"He'll be back, Katie" Zack reaches over, patting my back as if reading my mind and I look up, "What if he doesn't?" I barely get the words out before tears begin streaming down my cheeks. "What if..."

"Katie," he pulls me into a hug, "Dominic is an experienced Warrior and you're forgetting he'll have Gideon and three other Warriors by his side."

"I've seen how powerful those Demons are, Zack," my voice catches, "And if they are outnumbered..."

Zack looks away as if he's thinking and then glances back at me, "Wait, there might be something I can do," he says, smiling like he's pleased with himself, "I can send a Seraph Fighter to help, maybe even two."

My head tilts automatically, "I thought they couldn't kill Demons."

"They can't, but they can stay invisible long enough to report back to us. Maybe even distract the Demons long enough to make it a fair fight," he pauses as if he realizes what he just said, "If there actually is a need."

Without thinking I head for the door and Zack catches up, "Wait, where are you going?" he asks but I can tell he already sees it in my face, "Oh no, Katie, you are not going to the cemetery, too!"

"Zack, if you don't take me," I stare him in the eye, "then I'll find another way."

"Dammit, Katie!" he shouts behind me but I'm already running as fast as I can...