Chapter - 48

Father Thomas and Father Warren began chanting the holy verses, accompanied by Granny.

Dad behaved rude and started abusing them.
He tried to free himself and on failing, he kept howling and screaming.

At once, I got scared looking at dad's expressions.
Also, he was crying badly, shouting, "I'm not going to leave this body, how much ever hard you try."

Finally, Granny and the two Church Fathers were done with the holy chants.
Father Warren soothed dad by giving him a touch of the holy feather, from his forehead to his toe, about five times.

Dad lay unconscious and we were all scared.

Granny untied him and placed her hand on dad's head, reading some other spiritual verses and finally, dad opened his eyes.

I rejoiced that moment, looking at dad.

He asked, "Why can't I move?"

All of us were struck by shock, as dad lay free on bed and wasn't tied too.
Then why couldn't he move?

He screamed, "I can't move! My limbs aren't working."

So the exorcism was a success, but dad was paralyzed forever.

When we asked Aunt Jones as to why she committed such a brutal act, she answered,
"Since Shantanu's spirit wasn't here at the time of his death, in order to get him here, I killed my dear husband.
Shantanu always wanted to kill him and thus, I knew that his spirit would, for sure come to see Patrick dead!

As the time was running and we had to do something to solve it now, rather than waiting for another death anniversary, I didn't find any other alternative."

We all clapped for her selflessness, though tears rolled out of everyone's eyes.

Later, Granny performed some holy acts and all the spirits lingering in the Mansion, who were earlier under the custody of Shantanu, were set free.

**************
So guys, this was the ending of  'The Mansion You Fantasied'.

I know it was a not-so-happy ending. But still it was! Haha :D

At the end, one thing I'd want to share is that,
This Novel wasn't just a story for me.
To be honest, this wasn't written by me, just out of passion for writing or in free time, but it was when my life gave me no hope to live and when I was completely frustrated, agitated and broken at the selfish, inconsiderate and commercial world!

I didn't wanna get into the dreadful depression and so, in order to divert my mind to something that'd give me self satisfaction and a touch of hope, I wrote this story!

Frankly speaking, I met new people and made friends through this story.
Most of all, what changed my mindset is that it kept me busy and involved in thinking of the plot of the story.
Therefore, there wasn't any time for me to feel lonely. Nice, isn't it? ;)

Now, not making it too lengthy, thanks to each and every person who supported me and my story.
I not only achieved a change in my life, but also lovely memories for lifetime, like entering into the Top #5 and then, the amazing comments of yours, which made my days and meeting loving & supportive people, who still exist in this commercial and selfish world!
A miracle I must say. :D

Love you all guys ❤

Will seriously miss you lots :(
I'm writing a new story in mystery/thrilling genre.
Will soon post an update on it!

Stay safe and be happy!
Good day :)
Happy Hanuman Jayanthi :)