Chapter - 38

"Oh god! Tragic and creepy story, Aunt. Anyways, thank you for helping me in my project", I told.

"You're most welcome dear", she told.

"Okay Aunt, meet you again. Good day."

"Oh wait, Sweety. Take these choco muffins for the little one and vanilla pan cakes for Taylor."

"Oh! That's really so sweet of you, Aunt. I love you."

"Love you too, dear. Have a nice day."

My heart was pounding to know how I could see that Mansion, if nobody else could!
I started to the Royal Mansion and in that confusion, I forgot that I was going all alone.

I went inside and shouted, "Is anyone here? Queen Agnes, Richard, Frederick, Edward or George? Or the Priests? Anyone?"

An evil laugh.
"You can do nothing to us by mere knowing our names or the past. Just nothing!" in a loud voice.

"Who're you?" I asked.

"One of those, you called!"

"Look, you can't harm my family either. Where is Shantanu Russells?"

"Why don't you answer?" I questioned again.

"Someone tell me what's the connection between me and this Mansion.
How can I see it, when nobody else can?

And why were my friends Ruby and Anna killed? What have they done to you?" I asked.

"This is my Mansion. Only mine.
Anyone who fancies it, I wouldn't leave them alive", another loud scary voice.
I knew it was Shantanu Russells.

"But that wasn't her mistake. Why could she see this Mansion?
It's probably coz she's in some way related to you.
And anyone who sees, would probably fancy the same coz of its beauty.

And Anna? Why have you killed Anna? She neither fancied, nor did she ever even look at this place."

"I hate my daughter and anyone who resembles her. Anybody whom I hate, has got no right to survive. And it wasn't me who killed!"

That means Anna resembled his daughter.
The name Anna Russells suddenly struck my mind. She was the girl who took the delivery of a courier at Ruby's place.

I could see someone peeping again and again, from the next room, as though someone was playing hide and seek with me.
I grabbed all the guts and grabbed the bamboo stick, that I found.

I went into the room, but there was no one.
When I turned behind, I saw someone again.
In that tense, I didn't know where exactly to hit him and so, I smashed the stick on the back part of his neck, I couldn't see his face though.
And within a second, he was nowhere to be seen.

I thought it was one of those spirits trying to scare me and decided to go back home.

I saw Taylor moaning.
"What happened? Are you okay?" I asked him.

"No Elsa, I'm not. My neck is hurting badly", he told.

"But what happened? Lemme see."

As I pulled his T-shirt's collar, I could see a faint reddish scar on his neck, not yet healed.

While applying the ointment, I could guess by the length and thickness of the wound, that it was a stick's blow.