Chapter - 34

I wondered how she knew that I had been to the library.

"I had seen you entering, just when I left that place", she told.

"Oh! A coincidence then", I told.

"Which sort of books do you read, Miss. Smith?"

"I... I was actually there, on some other work."

"Okay. Would you mind if I ask what work was it?"

"No, but may be. Anyways, I had been there to meet my cousin, who's the librarian", I lied comfortably.

"Oh, that was a bad lie, dear. That's fine if you don't wanna share, coz the librarian is my daughter."

I was embarrassed, but still confessed and asked for apology.

"I had actually been there to read some old newspapers."

"Oh, how old? For some project, I suppose."

"Yeah. Exactly. I have a project on 'the Mansion near Hamsters' Street'. I don't remember the name."

"Oh! Then you must thank your luck for having met me, young girl."

"Really? Can you help me?"

"Yeah. I know quite a much about that mysterious Mansion."

I was damn happy or rather, crazy.
She'd make my task and mission easier.

"So, that's the Royal Mansion", she began.

"Yeah. Exactly! I had forgotten the name."

"In it, lived the Queen of Diva Islands,  Agnes Harrison along with her sons.
It's told that she was very beautiful and young, when she married her first husband Harrison Jones.
They begeted 2 sons, Richard Jones and Frederick Jones.
They all led a happy life together for about 7 years.
Then came a tragic twist in Agnes' life, the death of her husband in an accident.
She had soon shifted to her mother's place.
Since she faced many insults there, Agnes moved to the Diva Islands, where after 10 years, she married the King, Johannes Dukes and begeted 2 sons with him, Edward Dukes and George Dukes.

She didn't take much care of her sons, Richard and Frederick Jones, even though she didn't completely abandon them.
But, her preferences had changed from Richard to Edward and from Frederick to George.

It was very difficult for Richard and Frederick to see their own mother change, after they lost the love of their father.
Even the King, Johannes Dukes had never taken care of his wife's first husband's sons.

After a few years passed by, the King died at an early of just 40.
Later it was found that the Queen Agnes's first sons, Richard and Frederick had murdered their step-father, not liking him and their step-brothers.

Now it was clear to both of them, that they'd be guilty of law and soon taken into the custody, and that their step-brothers, Edward and George Dukes would be coronated as the Princes.
Since they couldn't digest the same, they had taken the help of Shantanu, the chef of their Mansion and offered him a huge reward for murdering their Queen mother, so that they could be the Princes.
That night, they planned for the murder and succeeded.

Agnes was dead.
What happened next, was too unexpected.

Right the next day, all the four sons of Agnes, Richard Jones, Frederick Jones, Edward Dukes and George Dukes were murdered."