Chapter - 39

"Oh no! What's this Taylor? How did you get hurt at this part of your neck?" I asked him.

"I don't know. But it's burning", he answered.

"By the way, where were you this morning?"

"I had been out on some work, Elsa. Why? Did you need something?"

"No. Just that Aunt Jones sent you vanilla pancakes."

"Oh! That's so sweet of her."

I rushed into my room and shut the door, not knowing what to do.

I sat down for a while thinking about Anna Russells.
I had to somehow get to know about her.
Unfortunately, none of the newspapers revealed anything about Shantanu's family.

I was thinking as to who could tell me about them.

Since Ruby's family was a part of the Russells family, I decided to see Ruby's Granny.
But worst part of all is that I couldn't seek help even from Taylor.

"And yeah, if none could see the Mansion, how did Taylor see?
And wait.. I had even forgotten to tell him those words, which are a must to enter. Then how could he get in that day, to rescue me?" I asked myself.

"And now, this wound. Something's wrong with my brother too.
I can't take him with me, to Ruby's Granny" I broke out in cold sweat.

I told mom that I was going to Valentino's place, to help him in physics.

It takes about two hours to reach Whitemoor, where Ruby's family is now staying.

I reached the place and called up Mr. Russells, so he'd pick me.
Finally, there I was! At my destination.
I spoke to Mr. and Mrs. Russells for sometime and tried consoling them, as they were still living in those good memories of Ruby, just like me.

And then, I gestured Granny to come to the backyard.

"Yes, Elsa. What's the matter?" She asked.

"Granny, I'm in a trouble. I didn't know whom to approach, other than you. Things are worst on my end", I replied holding her hands.

"Don't worry dear. Tell me, what happened?"

"Granny, Ruby's wasn't a suicide. It was a murder."

"Oh god! Murder? Are you serious? My poor Ruby."

"Yes Granny. And the murderer is none other than your family associate, Shantanu Russells."

"Oh no! What I've been hiding my children from, happened! He made it all. God, this isn't fare. I did what he wanted and yet, he killed my girl. He betrayed me."

I was scared that the other family members would get to know.
If they tell my parents what I'm here for, neither will i have anyone left to seek help, nor will I be allowed to step out of my house.

"Granny, please. Please! I understand your pain. Ruby was dear even to me, more than anybody else. Please Granny, if Mr. or Mrs. Russells get to know all this, they'd tell my parents."

"Okay, I'm fine. Don't worry, I'll never let that happen."

Mr. Russells had then come to the backyard, to tell Granny that they were going out on some work.
"Take care, Elsa. Do convey my regards to mom and dad", he told me.

After they left, I took Granny into the house and gave her some water.
"By the way Granny, what is it that you did Shantanu wanted?" I asked anxiously.

"Oh Elsa, that's a long story. He was way too evil when he was alive and all the time engaged himself in the witchcraft. He even killed his daughter, Anna Russells, who was just 18 years old and his wife too, as they didn't support him in his bad deeds."

She continued, "All went fine, until the last year. But for a few months, he troubled me like hell, to do what he wanted.
And all that he wanted was, to kill his daughter."

"But she was already dead. Isn't it?" I asked.

"His daughter, Anna Russells was! But there was another girl who was a replica of her. She was named Anna too."