Chapter 26: The Perfect Fit

Katniss POV

It's Tuesday and Glimmer is taking us to pick out dresses for homecoming. For once I am happy about a school dance. I am going with Peeta, Finnick with Annie, Cato with Clove, Glimmer with Marvel, and Johanna still has no one. We are determined to find her someone. She deserves to have a little fun once in a while, other than tormenting people. 

We are leaving during free period and we will just skip sixth. We are all sitting around our table eating lunch. I am sitting next to Peeta who has his arms protectively wrapped around my waist. 

"So, where are we going today Glim?" Annie asks.

"A small boutique. Every dress I have ever worn has been from C.C's. My family knows them personally!" Glimmer exclaims.

"I'm so excited! It sounds awesome!" Clove says. 

The guys roll their eyes and laugh.

"You guys are just going to have to deal with the fact that we are girls!" I say. Everyone laughs.

"The best part is we get treated like royalty there! They are doing our hair, makeup, and nails! Everything we need, isn't that awesome!?" Glimmer squeals.

"Yes! This is perfect! Thanks Glimmer!" Annie says. 

Johanna scoffs and leans back in her seat.

"What's up Jo?" Clove asks.

"This is all pointless...all for one night?" she says.

"Not just a night, this is the night!" Glimmer says.

"Well I am not interested." Johanna says.

"Come on Jo! You have to go!" Annie begs.

"No, not my thing." she says.

"Jo, come on! You have to go with us! Please!" I insist.

"Fine, but I'm not wearing any frilly dress. I pick out what I want." she says.

"Deal!" Glimmer says.

"No we just need to find you a date..." Clove says.

"Uh no. I don't need a guy." Jo says.

"Jo we are finding you a date and that is final." Annie says.

"If I don't like him I won't go with him." Jo says.

"Okay." I say. 

The bell rings and we rush to the parking lot. I get in Clove's car. 

"Finding a date for Jo is going to be harder than I thought." I say.

"Why?" Clove asks.

"Because we have to find someone that Jo will like. Jo doesn't like anyone except for us." I say. Clove looks at me with big eyes.

"Oh god this is going to be hard!" she says. We drive down the city streets and listen to the radio. 

We pull up to the small boutique. It is called C.C's or Cinna's Creations. We walk in the fairly large building and are greeted by a smiling lady.

"Hello!" she says.

"Hi, we are with Glimmer..." I say.

Just as I say that Glimmer walks in. The lady squeals. They run and hug each other.

"Glimmer! It's been ages!" she says.

"I know! I've missed you Portia." Glimmer says.

"Me too!" Portia says.