Chapter 25: Asking for Love

Katniss POV

I grab Peeta's hand as we run down the hallway. When we reach is building, I race him up the stairs. We get to his dorm and push ourselves through the door. I set my things on the spare bed and then flop on his couch.

"Whatcha want to do tonight?" I ask. 

"Whatever you want to do." he says with a smile. 

"Okay...wanna watch a movie?" I ask.

"Sure." he says and walks under his bed. He pulls out a large cardboard box. 

"You can pick." he says, opening the box. I rummage through the box and try to find something to watch. I pull out The Avengers and toss it to him.

"Great, I love this movie! I've watched it like ten times." he says and puts the disc in the DVD player.

I grab a few blankets and sit on the couch. He comes over shortly with a big bowl of popcorn. 

He puts his arm around me and pulls me close. I move the bowl of popcorn onto the side table, so we have more space.  

We are about fifteen minutes into the movie, when I get bored. I turn towards him and see that he is sucked into the movie. I pull his chin towards my face and stare into his eyes. He quickly sets the bowl of popcorn aside and caresses my cheek.

 His soft lips press against mine...and it feels perfect. My hands find his ashy blonde hair and his find my hips. He quickly pulls me from my waist and places me on his lap. We ignore the movie in the background, the only thing Peeta and I can focus on is each other.

I feel that feeling again. The indescribable feeling that I get whenever I kiss Peeta. It is a mixture of happiness, arousal, passion and love. This is a feeling that only Peeta can give to me. 

He slides me closer to him so that I don't have to lean over. We keep a steady pace until I speed it  up a bit. I slip my tongue in and he follows. We remain like this for a while. I need more... I can't help myself. I push him on his back so he is laying on the couch. I crawl on top of him and slip off my sweater, leaving me in my tank top. He takes off his shirt, leaving his bare chest. I smile and lean back over him, continuing the intense kiss. 

I don't let myself get to carried away, even though it is hard to resist. I maintain this pace...and luckily it stays this way. 

He breaks away and stares into my eyes. He tucks behind my loose strands of hair as I still lay on top of him. I am starstruck in his deep blue eyes. I feel as if I am in a trance...and it's a good one. 

"That was..." he says panting.

"Amazing." I say.

"Yeah." he says happily. 

I lay my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat. It soothes me and I feel my eyes to get heavy. 

"Katniss wake up." he says gently shaking my shoulder.

"Wh-what?" I say sleepily.

"Wake up. You fell asleep on my chest. If you are tired we should get changed." he says sweetly.

"Okay." I say and walk to my bag. I pull out my pajama shorts and a fresh tank top. I step into his bathroom and brush my messy hair. I am about to put it up in my braid, but Peeta walks in.

"Hey." I say parting my hair.

"Hey. Whatcha doing?" he asks.

"About to braid my hair." I say.

"Can I do it?" he asks.

"Sure." I say. I sit down on a small stool and let him take the brush.