Chapter 8: One and Only

A/N: Hey guys! Just wanted to say... over 100 reads! OMG! Did not expect this! You guys are amazing! Many have been asking about Peeta... calm down! He will be showing up very soon! 

Katniss POV

~Firday Morning~

"Ready to go?" Clove says grabbing her backpack.

"Yeah, just let me grab my coat." I say

"Kat, it is California, you don;t need a coat! And if you did, Finny would gladly give you his coat!" she says laughing.

"Oh, shut up! Lets go already!" I say. With that we head out the door to class.

The first few periods fly by, and before I know it, it's lunch time. I sit down with Clove, Glimmer, Finnick and Marvel. I put my food down on the table and sit next to Finnick. He scooches over towards me and puts his arm around my waist. He kisses me on the cheek. Glimmer and Clove are staring at us with big eyes. I hate being the center of attention, and being the only one with a boyfriend in our group, all eyes are on me. 

"So! You guys excited for the party tonight!" Glimmer says excitedly.

"Yes. I have been looking forward to it all week!" Finn says. 

"We are still meeting in your room after school, right?" Clove asks Glimmer.

"Of course! Don't forget to bring your dresses!" she says.

"So are you going with anyone Glim?" I ask

"Actually yeah, Marvel asked me!" she says looking at Marvel. He smiles at her and she smiles back.

"How adorable!" Clove exclaims.

The bell rings and we all go to our next class. Glimmer and I walk to math together. I hate this class. 1 because math is stupid and boring, and 2 this is my only class I don't have with Finn. I know I sound like a total sap when I say that, but he and I goof around during the classes we have together. Glimmer and I take our seats in the back.  Wiress is going nuts like usual. She is mumbling something as she writes on the board. She pulls herself together and tells us that we have to do book work for the rest of the period. Glimmer and I look at each other, because we know what that means! Whenever she asks us to do an assignment in class, she forgets to collect it. basically you don;t even have to do the assignment. That makes math ten times easier. 

Glimmer and I pull out our phones.

"I am so excited for tonight!" I say

"I know! I am so happy that Marvel asked me!!!" she says happily. 

"Are you guys dating now?" I ask

"No. He just asked me to the dance. He hasn't't officially asked me out." she says. She seems disappointed.

"Maybe he will ask you out tonight." I say, trying to cheer her up.

"You think so?" she says, excitedly.

"Yep. He hasn' stopped looking at you all week!" I say. She is back to her cheery self. 

"Really! I haven't noticed." she says sarcastically.

"So how are you and Finnick?" she asks.

"Great! He is the best," I say with a smile.

"Awww! You guys are too cute!" she gushes.

The bell rings and we leave. Time flies and I am in my last class of the day. Performing Arts, my favorite. I love singing. I have been singing for as long as I can remember. I sit down in the auditorium next to Clove and Finnick.