Chapter 14: Opening Up

A/N: So did you guys like the previous chapter? For all of you Gal lovers, sorry. You will not see a happy nice Gale in this story. I personally dislike Gale, so I am going to make him the way I see him in this situation. Hope you guys are enjoying my work! I love you all! Please comment and vote! 

Katniss POV:

Peeta leaves and I just stare at Finnick. He gives me a slight smile and wipes my remaining tears off my face. He goes into the bathroom and comes out with a wet wash cloth. He hands it to me and says,

"Here, do you want to wipe your face off, you got a little something..." he says and I take the rag and look in the mirror. I look hideous! I have mascara running down my face. My cheeks are red and my eyes are wet and swelling. I rub the cloth on my face and instantly feel relief. I scrub my face until it is clean, and sit back down next to Finnick. 

"Do you just want to stay here tonight?" he asks. 

"Yeah, I would feel safer knowing I have you to protect me." I say smiling.

"Okay, I will come with you to get your stuff." he says grabbing my hand.

We walk a short way to my dorm and walk inside. Clove isn't here but there is a note on her desk.

K,

I am out at the movies with Cato. Is everything alright? I didn't see you at all in sixth. Text me if anythings up.

-C

I text Clove, letting her know that I am fine and will be staying at Finn's tonight. I grab a bag and grab my essentials. I get my pillow, some clothes and walk back with Finnick. I set up my stuff om the empty dresser and settle into the bed that I usually sleep in when I stay in his room. 

"When I get a room mate, I will make sure to keep your bed off limits!" he says sitting beside me on 'my bed'. 

"Really?" I ask.

"Yep, this is yours!" he says patting on the bed.

"Sorry I put you through all of that. If I would have told you earlier all of th-" I begin to apologize, but am cut off by Finn's lips pressing on to mine. It feels so good kissing Finn. It always does, it gives me a sense of warmth that calms me down. Our lips part and he smiles and whispers in my ear,

"There is no need for you to apologize, you did NOTHING wrong." 

"Okay." I say

"Stop blaming yourself for things you have no control over. There is no need to beat yourself up over the little things. Just focus on the things you love." he says, as my eyes pierce into his twinkling green eyes. 

"I know, I'm sor-" I am cut off again by him kissing me.

"Stop apologizing!" he says, stroking my hair.

"I will." I say and nestle up with him as we lay silently in the bed. We eventually fall asleep with each other. 

I feel my heart race as I dream of someone chasing me. I run down a dark ally that suddenly comes to an end. I hear footsteps approaching and I try to hide. I see a pair of hands come out and grab me, I am screaming and try to escape but the arms have an iron grip on me. I look up and see Gale's face, with his frightening, devilish smile. I begin to panic and he grabs me by the throat. I struggle to breath, he is holding me in the air laughing. I feel my head go fuzzy and he drops me on the ground, he pins me against the wall and gets closer to my face. I am too weak to fight back. He pulls out a knife and is about to cut me somewhere, when suddenly I wake up. I shoot up and begin to pant like crazy. I hear Finnick wake up.