Chapter 18: The Truth Comes Out

Katniss POV

The bottle stops and it lands on Cato. 

"Cato, truth or dare?" Finn asks. 

"Dare." he says confidently. Cato should be scared, because Finn is the king of dares. 

"Okay, I dare you to brush your teeth," Finn starts.

"Pshh, that's easy." Cato says getting up.

"Wait, you didn't let me finish... you have to brush your teeth with a carrot, and when you finish, you have to drink a big glass of orange juice!" Finn says proudly. We all stare at him, and Cato looks scared.

"Where did you come up with that?" Annie asks, emphasizing 'that'.

"I can always think of the best dares, this one just popped in my head! Okay now, lets get you some toothpaste...." Finn says and we all rush into the bathroom.

Finn comes back with a gold tube of toothpaste that says, 'extreme whitening, cleansing toothpaste, extra minty flavor'. We all laugh except for Cato, he looks disgusted. Peeta goes into the fridge and pulls out a huge carrot. Finnick gobs the toothpaste on and hands it to Cato.

"Brush away!" he says. Cato hesitates to bring it up to his mouth, but he eventually starts brushing. He starts to gag as he 'cleans' his teeth. He spits out a foamy mixture of white and orange. He brushes for about a minute long. When he is finished, he drops the carrot in the sink and reaches for a glass of water. Finnick pulls his hand away,

"No, you don't get water. You get the orange juice." he says handing Cato a huge glass of orange juice.

"I have to finish the whole thing?!" Cato asks.

"Yes. Now, bottoms up!" Finn says and we all laugh as Cato drinks the juice. Cato looks like he is about to hurl as he finishes half of the glass. I can't imagine how bad that must taste. Carrot, mint and orange do NOT mix well together. Cato swigs up the last gulp of orange juice and slams the cup on the table. We all cheer and he quickly fills the glass up with water and tries to spit the flavor out of his mouth.

We all return to the living room and Cato spins. It lands on Glimmer.

"Truth id dare?" he asks.

"Ummm truth." she says,

"Okay, have you ever done it before?" he asks. 

"No. I am waiting..." she says proudly.

She spins the bottle and it lands on Annie.

"Annie truth or dare?" she asks.

"Ooh! Dare!" she squeals.

"Okay, you have to put a tray of ice cubes down your shirt, and have to wait for them to melt." she says.

Annie smiles and grabs the tray and dumps the ice down her shirt. She walks back with a smile like nothing happened.

"Pretty ballsy Annie!" Finnick says, reaching across the circle and giving her a high five.

Annie spins and it lands on Peeta.

"Peeta truth or dare." she asks.

"Lets go with dare." he says.

"You have to find something in the fridge and make out with it for 90 seconds." she giggles. We all look at her in shock. How did little innocent Annie come up with that?

"Where did you come up with that?" Clove asks, reading my mind.

"Back home I was the Queen of truth or dare." she says.