Chapter 11: New faces

Hey guys! Hope you like where I am going in the story. Things will get a bit better. I am going to introduce some characters very soon! 

Katniss POV

I wake up at 7:00 on the dot. I get Clove up and hop into the shower. I dry my hair and walk into the closet. I stare at the outfit that Clove picked out for me. I finally convince myself to put it on and we walk outside and meet up with Finnick and Cato. 

"Hey, Ka- woah!" Finn says, staring at me with puppy dog eyes. I roll my eyes and grab his hand.

"Clove picked it out for me." I say, staring ahead.

"Thank you Clove!" he says with a flirtatious smile. I playfully punch him on the arm

"Pig!" I say.

"What do you expect! I'm a guy!" he says.

"Ya, a perverted one!" I say. We all laugh and head to class. 

Time seems to drag on today. I look at my phone and see that we still have a half hour left of fourth period. Ugh! Hurry up!

After what seems to be hours, the bell rings and I head to lunch with Finnick. We are sitting under a tree with Glimmer, Marvel, Clove and Cato. We are laughing and eating our lunch. I notice Finnick's eyes grow huge and a ridiculous smile wipes across his face. What is he staring at?

"Johanna?" he says.Who's Johanna?

"Finnick!?" she says.

"Oh my gosh!" they run to each other and hug. What is so special about her? They talk, but I can't hear what they are saying. They come back and Finn introduces her to us.

"Guys, this is Johanna, an old friend of mine from home. Johanna this is Clove, Glimmer, Cato, Marvel and Katniss, my girlfriend." he says.

"Hi." she says rudely. What's her problem?

"Johanna be nice!" Finnick says like a mother.

"Well, you are lucky that I am being nice to you Odair! This guy left me and shipped off to this prep school. He was my best friend, and there he goes. BAM!. Some friend you are. He left me to socialize with the geeks." she says.

"Hey! Not my fault I wanted to leave Laguna!" he says.

"Well, I know what you mean. I hate that fricken town. Too small. That's why I forced my parents to ship me out here to big ol L.A! I had no idea I was at this stupid boarding school, with the devil himself." she says. She isn't too bad. 

"Well it's good to see you too!" Finnick says. he sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. 

"So this is your new one Odair? How long has she been able to put up with you?" she asks. I laugh.

"Actually Johanna, we have been dating for a week." he says pulling me closer.

"Wow! Call the presses! Finnick Odair was able to keep a girl for over 3 days!" she says sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I say looking up at Finnick.

"Well I-" he starts, but is cut off by Johanna.

"Mr.Cool over here was a total ladies man, had a new girl every week! Couldn't even keep a girl for a day without sticking his tongue down their throat." she says.

"Is that true?" I ask. What the hell! Did he lie to me?

"Huuu." he sighs, "Come here real quick." he says pulling me over to a bench.