Chapter 22

This is a nice long chapter (: ENJOY!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Louis’s POV

               Brianna was pretty drunk when she ditched me on the dance floor. She said she’d wanted to go get another drink. I knew I should have stopped her, but something stopped me, what I don’t know exactly. I went back to our table where I was now the only one. I sat with my beer in my hand, just thinking.

               “Hey man, come and dance with us.” Harry approached from the dance floor, sweat trickling down his face. “You look like you need to let loose.” He grabbed my beer out of my hand and left it on the table, dragging me towards Holly and the other boys on the dance floor. I danced for a bit with them but I started to worry. Where had Brianna gone? And why had she been so upset when she’d arrived? She hadn’t told me anything, other than that she wasn’t feeling well. That had obviously been a lie, she’d automatically started to drink and have a good time. I had a feeling there was something she wasn’t telling me… “Louis at least look like you’re having a good time mate.” Zayn shouted at me over the music.

               “Have you seen Brianna?” I asked, avoiding his comment. He shrugged,

               “I last saw her with you, what’d you do?”

               “Nothing! She just said she wanted to get another drink and then never came back…”

               “Maybe she’s dancing somewhere else.” I nodded at him, though not convinced. Something was definitely wrong here. I nudged my way through the dancing mob of people towards Holly and Liam.

               “Hey Hol can I talk to you?” I shout.

               “Yeah sure.” She grabs my hand and the two of us head back to our booth. We’re both a bit surprised however to find Niall and some girl making out in it. I clear my throat to get their attention. Niall looks up, blushing profusely.

               “Er.. uhh sorry guys. Vanessa let’s um… go somewhere else.” He grabs the girl by the hand and leads her away from the booth.

               “So what’s up Louis? You look a little freaked out.”

               “What happened to Brianna before you guys got here?” Holly’s face pales a bit.

               “Nothing why?” I give her a stern look,

               “Don’t lie to me Holly. Something’s wrong and now Brianna has disappeared and I’m worried. I need you to tell me what happened earlier.”

               “Wait she’s gone?” she asks, her voice getting higher with worry.

               “She ditched me after we danced a bit, said she wanted to get another drink and then she never came back to dance.”

“Oh my god. No. No no no no. Shit.” She crossed her arms on top of the table and rested her head on top of her arms.

“Hol. Seriously what happened before you guys got here.” I said reaching out and squeezing her hand. She sniffed, obviously holding herself from crying.

“Matt. He, he showed up and I was like you better leave her alone and he was like I will, for now. Oh my god Louis what have I done. This is the second time I’ve gotten her into a horrible situation. Both of them ending up with Matt on the other end. What am I going to do? I’m such an awful friend.” She was sobbing now. I scooted myself towards her and let her cry on my shoulder.