Chapter 6

I'M APPOLOGIZING NOW FOR THIS SUPER SHORT CHAPTER! I'M UPLOADING CUZ CLARE HAS BEEN BUGGING ME TO UPLOAD SOMETHING SO HERE IT IS! ENJOY (i hope) 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Louis’s POV

               I wake up to a pounding headache. I start to shift around in my bed when I realize there’s something on me. I open my eyes to see Brianna asleep on my chest, her right arm in a sling. I decide against moving myself, not wanting to disturb her. I stroke her hair as she sleeps.

               What happened last night? I ask myself. I try and remember but only get quick flashes, making my headache worse. I moan in pain, clutching my head in my hands. Brianna stirs and moves her face up to look at me.

               “Hey you okay?” she asks, her voice full of concern.

               “Erm. Yeah, just my head is killing me.”

               “I’ll go get a doctor, see if they can give you some medicine okay?” she gets off the bed and kisses me on the cheek before leaving. Did she just. No way. She just kissed me on the cheek?! Man what did happen last night? Before I can try and think more about it, Brianna comes back into the room with who I assumed was the doctor right behind her.

               “Ah, Mr. Tomlinson it’s nice to see you awake. Miss Marks said you have a headache?” I nod slightly, as not to make the pounding in my head worse. “That’s normal for having just gotten a concussion. Take these, they’ll help with the pain.” He hands me two white pills and a small cup of water. I graciously take them and swallow them down. “Your vitals look good,” he continues, checking the monitor I’m hooked up to, “so you’ll most likely be discharged later this afternoon.”

               “Thanks.” I said as he left. Brianna came and sat down next to me, her hand brushed mine sending a tingling feeling up my arm. “So what exactly happened last night? I can remember bits and pieces but thinking hurts my head to much.” She looked at the floor, swinging her feet off the edge of the bed.

               “Well… umm,” I could hear her voice beginning to shake. Why does it seem whenever I try and find something out from her she just starts crying? I grab her hand and squeeze it reassuringly.

               “Hey you know what, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” I say, “I was just trying to get the whole story on why exactly we’re here.” I smiled weakly and she wiped a stray tear that had run down her face.

               “No it’s okay. You deserve to know.” She turns and faces me, pulling her legs up so she’s sitting criss-cross. “Well it started off with me getting upset at Holly.” I gave her a quizzical look. “I was upset because she’s trying to push me into new relationships that I’m not sure I’m ready for, especially with just breaking up with Matt and such. So I left your house and just ran. I was running until you stopped me. You had followed me and asked me what was wrong. I started to tell you and then I just cried, sorry if I ruined your shirt by the way.” She smiled thinking about it. “And then I got angry again and I left you and ran again. I ended up in town and guess who showed up? Matt did. He started to come on to me and when I told him no he got angry and hit me and then you showed up, I guess you’d kept following me, and then you two started to fight. I tried to stop you, I really did, but you just wouldn’t have it. And then Matt gave you one hell of a punch and you hit your head on the pavement and were unconscious. I started to call the police but Matt took my phone and threw me in his car and started to drive off with me. I knew I didn’t want to go with him and I couldn’t just leave you there so I jumped out of his car and came back to find you surrounded by a crowd. Someone had thankfully called an ambulance and they arrived soon after I found you and well, here we are.” She sniffed wiping her eyes again. “My life is just so fucked up. My mind is at war with itself and I don’t know what to do.” She leaned over and buried her face in my chest.

               “Well what is your heart telling you to do?” I asked. She looked up at me, her blue eyes looking sad.

               “I don’t really know but I think it involves you.” She winked and nuzzled her head back into my chest and I subconsciously started to stroke her hair. I wanted to freeze that moment and keep it forever. It was at that moment that I felt happier than I’d been in a long time.