Chapter 7

Holly’s POV

               I woke up in the middle of the night crying. My stomach was queasy and my head was pounding. I sat facing the wall, my hands balling up the sheets into fists. I felt Liam stirring next to me.

               “Hey babe are you okay?” His hand trails down my bare back, his voice deep with sleep.

               “No.” I manage to choke out. I feel the bed dip as he gets up and walks around to my side and squats in front of me. It’s too dark to see anything but I can tell he’s staring at me, eyes full of concern. His hand strokes my leg.

               “Do you want to talk about it?” I shake my head, thought he probably can’t see it.

               “No. I feel like I’m gonna be–“ I stand abruptly and run past him into the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I’m throwing up. The light turns on and Liam sits down next to me, brushing my hair out of my face while I sit with my head in the toilet. I cough and cry at the same time, choking on air. I push away from the toilet and lean my head against him. He doesn’t say anything; he just strokes my hair and lets me cry. “I need to change.” I say, “I think I got something on my sports bra.” I climb out of his protective grasp and walk over to my bag on top of his dresser. I rummage around to find a new sports bra. I quickly pull my old one off and get the new one on. I hear Liam shuffle back towards the bed and lay down. Before I join him I go back into the bathroom and splash some water on my face, I don’t even dare look at my reflection for fear of how disgusting I look right now. I shut off the light and climb into bed snuggling up against Liam’s chest. His arm wraps protectively around me and he kisses me on the forehead.

               “Do you want to talk about it now?” He asks turning and looking at me.

               “I just feel like such an awful person. This is all my fault. If I hadn’t pushed Brianna into this then she wouldn’t have gotten angry and run off, Lou wouldn’t have chased after her and they would both be fine.” I blinked my eyes trying to hold back another round of tears. Liam shushed me and rubbed his hand up and down my arm.

               “Hey, you can’t blame yourself. I think you’re just stressing out too much. I think you’ve made yourself sick.” He paused, thinking of what to say next. He sighed, “Now, just go to sleep and try not to think about it okay? We’re going to see them tomorrow and bring them home and we can figure everything out then.” He kissed the top of my head and gave my waist a reassuring squeeze. I rolled over in his grip so that my face was facing his chest. I reached my arm up and stroked his cheek.

               “You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you.” I whispered.

               “I love you too.” He responded. I snuggled into his chest, letting the beating of his heart lull me back to sleep.

Liam’s POV

               “I love you too.” I said. As she snuggled into my chest and fell asleep, I couldn’t help but think of all the pressure Holly was putting on herself. Sure she may have made Brianna angry, but she couldn’t blame herself for trying to help her friend out. She just wanted to make her happier than she had been lately. I nuzzled my head on top of hers and found myself drowning in sleep.

               “Wake up sleepy head.” I rolled over and moaned in disagreement. “Don’t make me pull you out of bed. You know I will.” Holly poked me teasingly. I grinned to myself and in one swift motion I rolled towards her and pulled her down on top of me.

               “LIAM! OH MY GOODNESS.” She was laughing and screaming at the same time, her body on top of mine. I pushed a strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

               “Good-morning beautiful,” I breathed placing my hands on either side of her face. She giggled nervously as I pulled her in for a kiss. It was soft and sweet, I had decided it was too early for a huge make-out session; as her lips grazed temptingly along mine, I moaned in frustration. She smiled into the kiss and then pulled away placing her forehead on mine, our noses touching.

               “You certainly are a bit horny in the morning huh?” she joked. I shrugged,

               “Guilty as charged. What can I say? It’s a bit hard not to be when my girlfriend is this gorgeous.” She laughed, rolling off of me and landing gracefully on the floor.

               “I only came in to tell you that breakfast is ready. You should hurry; Niall’s probably eaten everything by now. Then we’re going to head to the hospital to visit Brianna and Louis.” She winked at me and left to go back downstairs. Gosh I was the luckiest guy ever; she was the best girlfriend a guy could ask for. I slowly got out of bed and threw on a t-shirt and sweats before making my way downstairs. Niall passed me on his way up. He smiled cheekily at me,

               “You’re lucky your girlfriend is here, otherwise you wouldn’t be getting any breakfast.” I slapped him on the arm. He just laughed and continued upstairs.

               “Jerk.” I muttered. I sat myself down at the kitchen table just as Holly placed a plate of eggs in front of me. “Thanks babe,” I said, hungrily devouring my food. She smiled and went back into the kitchen to clean up after herself. Once I’d finished I put my dishes in the dishwasher I made my way towards the stairs. “Hey Hol, I’m gonna go get ready.” I called to her. She mumbled a response which I took as an OK. I went to my room and laid out a fresh pair of jeans and a black t-shirt on my bed. I quickly undressed and hopped in the shower, the scalding water waking me up. I dried myself off and went back into my room to get changed.

               “Shit. Holly you scared me!” I shout as I realize Holly is sitting on my bed, dressed and ready to go. She blushes and closes her eyes.

               “If it really bothers you I won’t look.” She says teasingly. I throw on a clean pair of boxers and the outfit I had laid out for myself before leaning down to kiss her on the cheek. She uncovered her eyes and grabbed my and entwining our fingers.

               “Shall we?” She gestures towards the door.

               “We shall.” I wink at her. “COME ON GUYS! WE’RE GOING TO GO SEE LOUIS AND BRIANNA IN THE HOSPITAL!” We run down the stairs together, followed by Zayn, Niall and Harry.

               “Who’s driving?” Niall asks.

               “I think Harry should drive, since he’s just passed his driving test.” Zayn pinches Harry’s cheek as if he were a baby. Harry swats his hand away and glares at him.

               “Ok then Haz. Here you go.” I toss Harry the keys and climb into the backseat of our SUV with Holly seated next to me. Harry grumbles something inaudible and gets into the driver’s seat. Zayn sits shotgun and Niall sits on my other side in the backseat.

               “Now Harry make sure there’s nobody coming,” Zayn coaxes as Harry pulls out of the driveway. “SHIT. WATCH OUT FOR THAT GRANDMA!” Harry slams on the brakes, his eyes wide with panic. Zayn is hurled over in his seat with laughter.

               “Jesus Christ Zayn you scared the shit out of me! Why don’t you just shut up and let me drive?! I did PASS my test.” He shouts, exaggerating on the word pass. Zayn’s giggles quiet down as Harry drives us to the hospital. We arrive about ten minutes later, I can see Holly’s beginning to get worried. I squeeze her hand and wrap her into a hug.

               “Hey, everything’s gonna be fine.” I kiss the top of her head and lead her through the doors of the hospital.