"Whatever you wanna do." Parker said before turning back around.

I rolled my eyes and said to Hannah, "See? Mood swings."

"He's probably just not happy because you won't be at the mine with him. Go ride with him and make him happy." Hannah smiled.

"Ugh, fine." I smiled as I ran to get in the truck with Parker. "Drive safe, Hannah!"

"Y'all too!" Hannah waved before getting into her car.

"Oh, did you decide to ride with me?" Parker said once I had gotten in the passenger seat of his truck.

"No, I'm just getting in the truck for no reason." I said sarcastically. "What's wrong with you? Why are you so moody all of a sudden?"

"I'm not." Parker said as he cranked the truck.

"Yes, you are." I said.

"I'm fine." Parker said as we pulled out of the driveway.

"You know, I don't like not being able to stay with you anymore than you do." I said.

"I know."

"Well, you being ill about it ain't gonna help anything."

Parker didn't say anything else, so I just sighed and turned on the radio.

About five minutes later, he turned down the radio and said, "I'm going to be worrying about you and the baby all the fuckin time and I'm going to be sleeping by myself in that trailer and I won't have anyone to talk to except for the guys and I'll have to do my own laundry, and the trailer will be a disaster area before long. I have to do all the phone calls and all the finances and shit. And damn it, I'm going to miss you every second of the day, Nicole."

I placed my hand over his hand that was resting on the gear shift and failed at trying to smile when I said, "I'm going to miss you too, Parker. I wish I could stay."

"Yeah, me too." Parker sighed.

"I can probably come up to the mine a few times a month if you want me to." I suggested.

"Of course I do. And I'll make more than a few trips down to Haines whenever I can."

"Good." I smiled. "But I'll still miss you."

"Maybe you can start looking for a piece of land for the house. I know you say you don't want to build anything right now, but it can't hurt to look." Parker said.

"If you want me to, I'll look." I said.

"Good. And you can start thinking about what you want the house to look like. Of course we'll need an architect when we want to start building, but you know how you want it to look."

"I get what you're saying, baby." I smiled. "But what are we going to tell everyone? That I'm just not going to stay at the mine anymore?"

"Whatever you want to tell them." Parker shrugged.

"You know, sometimes you're not very helpful." I smirked at him.

"But you love me." Parker smiled.

"Yeah, how'd that happen?" I smirked.

"I'm just that lucky." Parker said cockily.

I chuckled before turning the radio back up and singing along to the song.

***

"This is it, huh?" Hannah said as she moved her shades from the top of her head to over her eyes. The three of us were walking to the trailer.