(12) Jeez, not Bella Swann!

I awoke the next morning, my eyes still heavy. I hadn't gotten any sleep and I was exhausted. I wanted to die just then. It all seemed pointless and I got irritated at myself for even caring. This boy was literally nothing. I had just met him. I wasn't going to ruin an awesome year over him. Sheesh, I felt like Bella Swann, right out of Twilight and I felt disgusted at myself. I looked at the time. 8:30 a.m. I quickly remembered that my parents were coming today. Ugh, I didn't want them to see me like this.

No. I wasn't going to let myself wallow in self-pity. I forced a huge grin on my face and proceeded to shower quickly. I was going to show Mr. Hemsway exactly what he was missing. I got out and wore my hip huggers and threw on a cropped red top. I curled my hair, so that it was set in gentle curls. I then carefully applied mascara and eyeliner, accentuating my deep eyes. I gently brushed on a light coating of eye-shadow. I put on some base powder on my face and neck. I spritzed on some CalvinKlein perfume and put on a small red necklace that my dad bought me for my sixteenth birthday. I tossed on a few bracelets onto my wrist. I went over to my bed and sat down, pulling out my red pumps, whuch slightly resembled ballerina shoes. It was red with a black bow, whuch had a satin layer of cloth on it. I looked at the time. 9:30 a.m. Hmm. I still had around twenty minutes more before my parents arrived. I quickly cleaned up my dorm and put everything back in it's place. If they were going to have a look at my dorm, atleast I could keep it clean. Finally, I got a message from my mom, telling me she was waiting downstairs. I grabbed my coat  and put it on. I smiled in happiness and quickly took one last look in the mirror. I smoothed out my dress and headed downstairs to the entrance.

On the way down, I saw Nate hugging his mom tightly and laughing. I smiled to myself. Most guys hate that stuff in public but Nate would hug his mom quite proudly in public. I passed by Taylor busy laughing at a joke her brother was telling her. Her brother Jake was a lot of fun. He was 20, and was studying Law at the University Of Chicago. He had his vacation time and so him along with Mr. and Mrs. Dodson came down to meet Taylor.

I spotted my parents standing in one corner. My dad's arm was around my mother's and she let out an excited sqeal when she saw me. I broke into a grin and ran towards them. I threw my arms around them giving them a huge hug. I pulled away beaming at both of them. My mom, Gina was in her late thirties, although she looked around twenty-nine. She was probably one of the prettiest women in my eyes. She was around 5'7, tall and slim. She had long hair, reaching her mid back, that was poker-straight and then ended in bouncy curls. My dad, Matthew Morales was around 40. He looked fit and healthy. Thank God for that, usually most men his age are balding and have beer-bellies.

"How are you baby girl?' my dad asked pinching my cheek.

I laughed. "Never been better dad. How 'bout you?"

"Pretty good! Your mother and I got a new car," he said beaming.

My mother nodded enthusiastically. 'It runs like a charm! When you come home, you can take it for a spin, what say, sweetie?"

"Done!" I said laughing.

"How are your studies and classes going?" my mom inquired.

"Great. I wrote my CTE's, and they went really well. I'm hoping for a 9.5 GPA," I said beaming.

"Always the achiever, weren't you, baby girl?" my dad said grinning.

I laughed and clutched onto his hand.

"So, where are Nate and Taylor? Their parents want us all to go out to lunch together. And Nate will have Jake for some guy company too!" my mom said.

However, before I could go and find them, they sauntered up to us and for another fifteen minutes, it was excited jibber-jabber and small talk among us all. We went down to the breakfast hall, which was a mess of colors and excited screams from parents and students. We grabbed a huge stack of toasts and Pop-Tarts and went down to our Common Room to eat it. We figured most students would be in the gardens or courtyard and the Common Room would be deserted. We made our way up and all sat down.

"So, Nikki," Jake asked me, in his deep voice. Damn, he had gotten sexy.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at him.

"How's Taylor been? Is she still that annoying little twit she is at home?" he asked smirking.

"No, she's wonderful!" I replied laughing.

"Hah!" said Taylor looking smug. "So there!"

Jake looked crestfallen for a second and then laughed. All the parents laughed looking at his expression. We sat around joking for a few hours. We took them around showing them the school, and finally decided to go to lunch.

"You go on," I told Dad. "I'll just go to the washroom for a second."

"We'll meet you in the car sweetheart."

"I'll come with you!" interjected Taylor. "Let me just make one quick call..."

She quickly cut the line and dragged me off.

Taylor and I quickly walked down the corridor to the Girl's Washroom. We finally reached the corridor on which it was, but I stopped deadbeat looking at the sight before of me.

Liam was snogging Jessica. Right infront of me. They broke off the second they saw me, and Jessica smirked. Liam looked triumphant and gave me a pointed look, clearly asking 'What the heck are you looking at?'  He came close to me and put his arm to my side. "You don't care do you? After all, we have broken up. So, it's not like you have any expectations, right?"

I glared at him and just walked past them like it was nothing. Taylor on the other hand arched an eyebrow at him and he gave her a hateful stare back.

She quickly walked with me to the bathroom and shut the door and turned to me. "Shit, I wish you didn't have to see that."

I put my hands under the cold stream of water pouring from the tap. "I don't care. He can do whatever he wants with that slut bag. I really couldn't care less, Tay."

She came close to me and gave me a hug, longer than necessary.

I dried my hand and walked out. By now, he had her pushed against the wall. I rolled my eyes in disgust and walked on, Taylor at my side.

*********

We finally reached back at 6:00 p.m, and there were goodbyes all around, as the students saw their parents packing up and leaving.

Nate, Taylor and myself saw our parents drive off and we stood close to each other.

"Eeeee, and tomorrow's evening's Prom! This is going to be PERFECT!" Taylor squealed.

Nate grinned, running his hand through his hair. "You're gonna look so pretty tomorrow." he said quietly looking at her. She blushed and looked away.

I cleared my throat loudly. "Ah-hemm. Okay, guys, I'm gonna go up to bed now. I'll see you guys tomorrow." They barely acknowledged my leaving, they were busy swinging their hands and looking at each other. I walked up to my dorm, quickly changed into sweats and layed down on my bed feeling more nervous than ever. Tomorrow was the 30th.

THE 30th.

The day that something was going to happen. The major day. Where my and my country's fate would be decided. And here I felt completely useless. I shrugged off my coat and a black card came out. I figured it was the lunch's bill and was about to toss it in the trash, when I saw the silver wordings carefully written out.

'I expected you to care a bit more. It's shocking.

I hope you enjoy prom. I'm sure it's going to be a BLAST.'

______________________________________________________________

Wow, what's going to happen tomorrow? :O :O

I hope you've liked it so far, I know, this story's not been very long, but there's more to come!

Also, @sleepinginthegarden - Only 1 chapter to go before you see what happens at PROM!! :D