British Bird - Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

"Just have fun," Owen adds. "We'll worry about you leaving in the morning when the sun rises."

"Okay," I whisper with a nod of my head. "Let's go and get some photos taken."

We all gather outside and for the next thirty minutes, the photographer snaps photo after photo. I have individual photos taken with the boys, with Johnny and Cara, and then we have group ones done. Eventually, a limo arrives and we all pile inside.

On the journey, I sit between Silas and North. Silas tells me all of the jokes he can think of and I rest my head on his shoulder, either laughing or shaking my head because they're just that ridiculous.

When we arrive outside the hotel, the driver of the limo gets out and opens the door for us. Uncle goes first, followed by Cara and Johnny, and then the boys. Owen offers me his hand when I reach the door and holds it open for me. I take it with a smile and get out as gracefully as I can.

Walking inside, I find that I'm in awe of the beautiful place. The floors are golden marble, there are chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and a water fountain in the middle of the foyer. I'm thankful that I have my arms looped through Owen's and Victor's as I'm not at all paying attention to where I'm going.

It isn't until a soft melody reaches my ears that I actually realise that we're here. French doors open as we reach them and a man on either side of them wave their hands with a smile, gesturing for us to enter the room.

The golden marble floors change to a white marble and I look around, past the people in the room, and take in the white walls with silver detailing. The lights are still chandeliers, the brightness of them clashing with the walls and floor. On the back wall, there are more French doors, all of them open and guests come in and out. Around the room, there are tables with pink tablecloths and a centerpiece made of pink roses. There is a small stage, where at the moment a man sits playing the piano, but to the side of him I can see that there is also a DJ.

The room looks magnificent, and the guests look just as great dressed in either tuxedos or dresses.

"This is amazing," I breathe, completely in awe.

"Cara did well," Victor says with a smile.

I meet his fire eyes and grin. "Are you going to play?" I ask, nodding towards the piano.

The fire in his eyes blaze and he winks at me, but doesn't give me a verbal reply.

Both Owen and Victor lead me further into the room. A waiter dressed in a what I can only describe as a penguin suit offers me some orange juice in a champagne glass and I take it with a small smile.

A familiar face pops up through the crowd and I find my grin widening. "Axel," I call.

His head pops up, cutting off conversation with the person that stands at his side. His eyes scan the room and the moment they land on me, he grins. He says something to the person he's standing with, and together they head over in our direction.

The other boys gather around me when Axel comes to a stop. "Hey Sang, how are you?"

"Good, thanks. How are you?" He tells me he's fine and my eyes go to his friend. He has dark hair, and eyes that are different—rare even—one blue and one green. "Hi, I'm Sang." I offer my hand.

His grin is boyish and carefree. He takes my hand in his and says, "Hey, Blondie, I'm Marc. I've heard a lot about you."

I blush and gently pull my hand from his. "All good, I hope."