Ch-20 ★Mr. Rockstar is Sold

Recap: Aura and her lawyer Cassidy device a plan to trap Jay which involves Aura getting married to Jay. Aura tells Sam about the marriage. This causes a series secrets to unravel. Sam’s secret is reveled. She is actually Melody’s younger sister, an orphan, and an ex-gang member.

 Beatrice: a seven year old girl who addresses Jay as her father. She was supposedly adopted by the Rockstar.

Ch- 20 ~ Mr. Rockstar is Sold

[Jay]

Early morning: Sunnyvale, London

            Exactly four hours had passed since Matthew bailed me out of jail. Every minute since then, all I could think of was that damn deal. ‘All you have to do is sell yourself to me’ her words had been echoing through my mind, boiling my blood, leaving this helpless feeling inside me.

            I have to do this. I don’t have a choice. I need to do this for Beatrice. I can’t afford her boarding school with my current condition. Damn, Damn- I should have been more careful before making that deal Jake, that bastard- he wanted my money, he wanted all of it - I should have known.

            I stopped in front Misty’s Café sign which was on the verge of falling down. Aunt Genève won’t be here, not today, not this early- hopefully. I don’t want her to see me. I pulled off the hoodie covering my face, and let it fall onto my jacket.

            “Breathe in and out,” Melody smiled, wisps of her identity slipping away. She stood beside me, her hands on top of mine; she made me reached for the door’s handle, the cold metal burned  my skin. “It’ll be alright,” She whispered for the last time- before disappearing into the icy air.

            I was hallucinating, again.

I stepped inside, leaving the cold air out and letting the warmth of the café surround me. My eyes found their way to the newspaper headings.

Jay Walter’s the number one artist of  the billboard eighteen.

The ‘Only you,’ hit maker had done it again with debuting on number one on the European chart.

Mr. Walter’s reaches number one again.

Funny, isn’t how life can be amazing and perfect one minute and the next everything is tumbling downwards?      

            Aulaura Grey  sat in the corner of the café, her blue eyes watching me with a timid expression. I walked towards her when I wanted to run away from her, I wanted to run far away. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear whilst biting the corner of her lips.

            I stopped right at the edge of her table. Her hands held a blue file- a file which contained my doom. Suddenly the expressions on her face paled, she shuffled out of the chair she sat on.

            She took a step towards me, her hand reaching out for mine. I stepped back before she could come any closer. She didn’t notice this. She looked worried. “Jay, Are you okay?”

Why did she care? She shouldn’t care. I wish she didn’t care. Damn.

            “I accept your offer Aulaura,” I kept my face impassive. She didn’t need to see the storm inside of me.

            “What?” She asked, flabbergasted, her eyes wide apart.

“I accept your offer,” The words tasted bitter on my tongue as I repeated them.

            In a second, her features were lit with dazzling joy. A gorgeous smile glided across her pale lips, it dulled her bright red highlights. I couldn’t help wishing that she would always stay this way- this happy.

            But then I realized my current state and in an instant I felt sick.

She held out the file and a pen dangling through the tips of her fingers. I felt hopeless.

            I took the file from her hands. It felt strangely heavy- just like my heart did. I’m about to sell myself. My lids fell down- in-front of my eyes once again I saw Melody. Instead this time, I saw a memory- I wished to erase.

            She was gasping for every little piece of air. In my arms, there she lay- soaked in blood.  Her once lovely face with a slight pinkish hue was now faded into white paleness..

            “I’m …sorry,” She rasped, her hands held mine, tightly. “You don’t ….deserve this,”

I shook my head, an endless stream of tears falling out of my eyes. “This is my fault”

            Her fragile hands found my lips. She pressed them against my mouth, hushing me- her blonde curls covered in blood, drooped across her forehead. “”Don’t ever blame yourself. We’re merely human,” She whispered- even through her agonizing state she smiled for me. “Fate is the one that pushed us this far. I guess I only had these many breaths,”

            “I’m not letting you go,” I screamed.

“You have to,” Her hands fell from my mouth, her hold on my hand began loosening as my heartbeats starting halting. “Let go and move on,”

            All movement in her body ceased- in just a second- she was nothing than a dead corpse. A blood curdling scream left my mouth…

                                                            My Melody was dead.

            I don’t know when I signed the documents. I don’t know when I handed the file back to Aulaura. She wound her arms around, suffocating me- she couldn’t see the tears in my eyes. Why was she doing this? Why? Was this revenge for all that I had done? Was Karma at last taking its toll for the sins I had committed?

            “Mr. Rockstar is Sold,” She whispered into my ear and in that moment Jay Walters had lost his identity.

Note:  I’m planning to add the next chapter soon which will contain the wedding and tons of drama…. You can read the prologue again- if you want- it is the same incident through Aulaura’s POV. Comment and let me know what you think.