Ch-7 ★Storms

Ch-7 ★Storms

[Aulaura]

Grey Mansion, Outskirts of London

It only takes a minute for snow to turn into a snowstorm. These storms were predicated, bond to come as they sweep all that was saved, tearing it apart. After every storm comes a rainbow but after ever snowstorm the land is left cold and icy.

We walked, entering the living room with cautious steps. My father was standing there underneath the chandelier talking to police officers and men in black suits with a grave, grave expression on his face while my mother sat on the golden loveseat with Sam on her side, she was crying, tears fell out of her grey eyes. Sam had her hand on my mother’s shoulder as she tried to comfort her.

This is when my father took note of my presence. Instantly relief washed over his face but the next minute it was replaced by anger. A storm was beginning to churn in his blue eyes. “Where were you?” he thundered.

“At the hospital,” I lied. I felt Jay stiffen beside me.

The police officials quietly walked out of the living, exiting through the front door.

“What were you doing there?” He loosened the checkered tie around his neck as the veins in his neck began protruding outwards. Damn, he was angry.  This wasn’t good. I tried keeping my breath even and uncaring.

“I had fainted  and Mr. Walter had taken me to the hospital,”

Mom came up to me, putting her hand on my cheek. “Are you okay, dear?” Her eyes were red and puffy.

I nodded my head. “It was nothing, just low blood pressure,”

“Which hospital?” my father spoke, standing in front of me. He gave me menacing look. Suspicious to the last, I knew he wouldn’t believe me.

“Oak General Hospital,” Too bad, I was good at this lying game.

“How come your name isn’t in the records?” he tapped his foot impatiently with his arms crossed over his chest.

Urgh! What the hell, He wasn’t going to let this drop. “Why are you being so difficult? I fell sick, went to a hospital. End of the story,” I yelled.

“Difficult you ask,” he let out a frustrated laugh. “Look Amanda,” he spoke to mom. “Look at what your daughter is saying,”

“Charles-“mom started out but I stopped her.

 “Don’t drag her into this,”

He crossed his arms over his chest. “Fine, I won’t only if you tell me the truth,”

“That is the truth,” I let out an exasperated sigh.

“I had the entire police force searching for you. They couldn’t track your name in any hospital,”

“Mr. Grey,” Jay spoke, coming to my rescue. “I had taken her to the emergency ward that’s why her name wasn’t in the records,”

My father pointed his finger at Jay’s chest. “You should have not taken my daughter to the hospital without my permission,”

“I asked him to take me to the hospital,”

My father raised his eyebrow at me. “I thought you were unconscious,” He had caught me in the trap of my own words.

“I was feeling sick before I became unconscious and I had asked him to take me the hospital” My father pressed his lips into thin line. 

I turned to look at Jay who looked a bit tensed. “Mr. Walter thank you for helping me. I’ll handle myself from here,”