ii| Muting the Past and Wishing it Would Pass {revised}

I start to struggle against the hold he has on me and when that doesn't work I take notes from my a movie, Miss Congeniality. I  S.I.N.G I mumble,

"Solar plexus, instep, nose, groin!"

The man falls down with a groan and I quickly turn and start to run the other way. I look to the left and see a guy about to tackle me and the same on the right. Just as they are about to come into contact with me I stop running and they both slam into each other.

I look behind me when I hear clapping.

"Well that was entertaining... but you did shoot one of my guys."

I look up at him, he's the same guy that was on the phone.

"How do you know I shot him? How do you know this place isn't surrounded... so I would suggest, or rather enforce, that you let me walk out of here right now."

The man's face turns to one of anger. 

"I'm Brandon, don't know if you who I am but I would-"

I cut him off.

"I'm London. You might want to do a little research before coming after me."

The man mumbles something about having shiftless tech people. I smirk at him.

"Ok, listen. I didn't know you were... you. I just wanted to contact you to see if you would join my gang. We could use a good pick pocket."

I narrow my eyes at him and turn around and hear whispering.

"Told you, you muffin head. We should have left her alone. Now she'll get her associates to whip us into whip cream!"

I burst out laughing and turn around.

Brandon is holding another man by the shirt, "Shut up or you're dead Blake!"

I smile at Blake.

"Your funny."

He smiles at me and does a bow. I grin wider.

"Let's be best friends."

He smiles and nods, and just like that I've gained a new friend... well my only friend.

-

I smile as I cross into Lorenzo's territory. I quickly head to the tattoo shop and when I enter I smile at Rick and he raises an eyebrow.

"Just ran into Brandon's gang... pretty sure their following me."

Rick shakes his head.

"What have you gotten yourself into now London?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Lorenzo and Red are downstairs, head down. I'll deal with your little pest problem."

I raise my eyebrows but head down towards the basement/warehouse none the less. 

-

I tread down the metal staircases and head to the showers. When I get there I quickly hang up my bag and strip down. 

After my shower I feel refreshed and cleaned and head over to my corner.

I slowly smile when I see my desk and actual laptop. I quickly open my backpack and take out the homemade one and replace it with the Mac. As I am restocking everything in my bag footsteps pound down the stairs. I see Brandon holding a bloody Rick. I muffle a gasp and quickly get my med kit out. Before my life went sideways I wanted to be a nurse, so I have a little practice. I grab a gun out of the many weapons in my desk and make my way over to Rick. He coughs when he sees me and punches Brandon weakly. As he staggers to me I grab hold of his arms and set him on the floor. 

-

Once I'm done cleaning Rick up I see Brandon still here.

"You do realize you just hurt a member of Lorenzo's mafia."

Brandon's face remains neutral. "I know."

My dorky smile appears, "Han Solo'd." I whisper but Blake catches it and starts laughing but stops when Brandon punches him in the face. 

"Well Blake I think we should have a sleepover. Also all of you are way too tall and you're all so stoic."

Brandon glares at me, "You don't have the choice to come with us."

I roll my eyes and try to imitate his voice and he just glares at me more. 

"Listen up London. I don't care about you, I only care about your abilities and how you can and will be useful to me. All I want to do right now is get back to my house and girlfriend. After that your dead."

I glare at him but follow him out into the street anyways just for Blake. 

-

When we are a few blocks down from the tattoo shop I see a sight I dread.

"Hey London... long time no see."

.

.

.

Tyler stands in front of me with almost all of his gang standing behind him. 

I fidget nervously and wring my hands.

"Tyler get away." Brandon says, not knowing my history with Tyler.

"Now Brandon, you see here... my father and London's father had an agreement that me and London would marry. I plan to honor that because we get a lot of money if we do. However, London would not like to marry me."

I glare at him and scoff.

"Well you did treat me like utter crap for two years."

Tyler closes his eyes for a moment so I take advantage of it.

"Brandon why are you grabbing my hand?"

Tyler's eyes snap open and he lunges at Brandon and then everyone else starts fighting. I slowly walk off from the scene and when I turn a corner I start to sprint for the subway and luckily a entrance is near me. I quickly run towards a train and jump into it and watch as Brandon, Blake and Tyler are running towards me. I move through the car and quickly hide under a seat and as the three come enter. 

"London come out right now and you won't get too hurt and neither will all these innocent people..."

I hold my breath when I hear him grab someone and the sound of a gun clicking. I quickly scramble up.

Tyler looks at me and smiles while he stabs the man he is holding in the thigh and again in the arm. He pushes the man away from him and comes towards me he circles his arms around me, showing that there is no escaping him. He smiles slowly and creepily at me before ripping through my calf with the knife.

"That's what you get for running."

He whispers in my ear as I see stars, my ears are stuffed and my mouth gapes open. He drops me when he's pushed away my Blake.

"Blake stop. She's not that important."

Blake looks at me sadly but I smile tightly at him while rummaging through my bag for my med kit.

-

After I'm done treating my wound I try to stand but Blake picks me up.

"Brandon, she can get us info... she can even get us a little extra cash."

Brandon glares at me and then at him.

"Fine. You can keep your pet."