Chapter 4

Inside the Sultan's chambers, stood Stoick the Vast, lost in his thoughts. He was pacing slightly around the center of the large room as his thoughts becoming speech, his mind running wild after so many times that he had to deal with an angry princess because Hiccup rejected them. Now it stressed the sultan out and it was like an itch that he could never resolve, it was annoying.

"I don't know where he gets it from. His mother wasn't nearly so picky." He says to no one, even though there was another body in the room. A shadow falls around him. With the small frame of his advisor, Stoick didn't recognize her presence in the room or her moving up to his side with a smile. The Sultan looked startled once he realized that there was indeed another body in the room before realizing it was just Heather. 

"Ooh, oh. Ah, Heather--my most trusted advisor.  I am in desperate need of your wisdom." Stoick always cringed when he said that line. Of course, he trusted her, she has been there for everything and always gave her great advice, her mind worked wonders when it came to the village and issues but she was moody when Stoick never said he was desperate for her and she knew that he didn't want to deal with any other moody teen so saying that was a little weight off his shoulders. 

"My life is but to serve you, my lord." Heather says with a formal yet lousy bow. Scar perched on her shoulder, observing the surroundings, acting as if he was just some terror that Heather trained.

"It's this suitor business. Hiccup refuses to choose a wife.  I'm at my wit's end."

Scar roared in response, acting as if he could only repeat a few words because Heather was "teaching" him to talk but only pour a few words from his snout. Stoick and Hiccup were shocked that someone could teach a dragon to talk, but Heather was born with a "gift of mind" so they just went with it, even if it was a little weird. Besides, that necklace around her neck glowed sometimes and the Haddocks couldn't help but feel awkward when it did. 

"Oh, ha ha. Have a piece of bread." Stoick says as he grabs some bread that he was meaning to get rid of, it was starting to harden but it was still pretty edible for dragons. Scar looked at the bread, terrified and frightened at some time. Barely stale bread! He was much fancier than some wild dragon who swallows raw fish every morning. Heather always fed him, she'd give him freshly cut bread and some grapes on the side. It was a weird meal for a dragon but she had given it to him because of his snarky comments and the amount of arguing he did just for some "rich" food.

The leader of the village stuffed the piece of bread into Scar's mouth who tried to eat it but suffered terribly, Heather and Stoick shared a soft laugh as they watch the dragon trying to eat it but instead he moves the chewed pieces to his cheeks, trying not to swallow and not taste a single piece. 

"Your majesty, you certainly has a way with dumb animals." Scar gives a glare with a growl, clearly insulted. "Now then, perhaps I can divine a solution to this thorny problem," Heather said, ignoring the glare from the dragon and putting her focus on Stoick, a problem with Hiccup would work perfectly with the plan she had constructed to find the Diamond in the Rough.

"If anyone can help, it's you." 

"Ah, but it would require the use of the mystic blue diamond."Heather says looking at the ring placed on a small chain around Stoick's neck, well hidden by the red beard but Alvin always knew it was there.

"Uh, my ring?  But it's Valka's she gave it to me on our wedding day. What use would it be for my son?

"It is necessary to find the prince a suitor." Heather said, obviously she was getting no where and had no excuse to back up why she needed the ring without saying: "Oh, I'm going to find the diamond in the rough to enter the cave of the Red Death to get the lamp so I can take over Berk." Yeah, no. So going straight for plan B, she pulled out her necklace, a red gem hanging off the chain and catching the sun's light. Inside the gem had begun to swirl like a tornado that touched the ground, the power of the gem catches Stoick's gaze and takes control over the Sultan without a single touch.