Chapter 14

Regina's POV
Today is the positively worst day I've ever had since I killed my father.

"Henry! Come downstairs and eat your dinner! It's going cold!" I holler up the stairs. A few seconds pass before I hear the familiar loud bumps indicating that my son is coming down the stairs two at a time - as usual. The brown haired 10 year old boy brushes past me and throws himself on the couch.

"Henry your pizza isn't going to bring itself to you."

"I'm not hungry." He replied sulkily.

"What is wrong with you?! Ever since Emma showed up in my tow- I mean in Storybrooke - you've been acting very strangely."

"My Mom took me out for lunch earlier when I was visiting the library. I decided to call in with her to see how she's doing." It was as if an arrow had pierced my heart the way he emphasised the word 'Mom.'

"Oh for goodness' sake Henry you've known that woman for - what - two days? She gave you up because she didn't want you - why else would you never have seen her before? I bet she's never thought about you once since she abandoned you. I on the other hand-"

"You don't know that! Maybe if you didn't treat me like a prisoner in my own house I wouldn't have gone to look for her in the first place!"

"That's not true! What else could you possibly want? Emm... Oh! I know! What about that new comic you've been wanting for ages - the one about... uhh..."

"See?! You don't even know! There are some things that you can't buy, and love is one of them. I'll never love you."

"Henry don't say that."

"It's true! I know who you really are."

"Oh yeah?" I say, challenging him. "And who exactly am I?"

"The Evil Queen."

I inhale sharply.

"What did you say?" I can feel the colour draining out of my face.

"The Evil Queen. You want to kill Mary Margaret, my school teacher." I laugh nervously at him.

"What a silly idea! Where did you hear that?" I ask, trying not to sound too worried.

"Just a book."

"What book?"

"One I got from school."

"Let me see it."

"No! Its only a storybook about fairy tales - why do you want to see it?"

"What made you think I'm the Evil Queen?"

"Because it all makes sense. Plus you look exactly like the pictures. You cast a curse so you would ruin Snow White and Prince Charming's happy ending."

"That's silly, Henry. Maybe we should take you to see Archie."

"I don't need a psychologist. And it's not silly! I know that I'm right."

I throw my hands up in frustration.

"Go and eat your pizza. Now. And I don't want to hear you mentioning your absurd ideas again - do you understand?"

Henry rolls his eyes and drags himself into the kitchen.

"Whatever."

I sigh heavily and bite my lip.

"Henry! Wait!"

"What?" He calls from the kitchen, his mouth full of food.

"If I'm the Evil Queen, then who is Emma in your storybook?"

"I though you didn't want me to talk about my "absurd ideas" again."

"This is different - I'm asking you."

"My Mom is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming - the product of true love. I think she's called the Saviour in one place too..."

I've stopped listening to him now, and grab the bannister to steady myself. The Saviour? This cannot be happening: it's not just by chance I adopted the son of the Saviour - Snow White's daughter. Rumplestiltskin is going to die today...

Mr Gold's POV
The Mayor storms into my shop, not looking too pleased.

"Rumplestiltskin, I swear..."

"Hello, Regina. Would you like to buy something? And who is Rumplestiltskin?"

"Don't play games with me - I know that you can remember. You wanted my curse to be broken, didn't you? You purposely created a Saviour, and it was no coincidence that I adopted her son, was it?"

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask, although what she's saying - it's infuriatingly familiar. And right enough - I can't remember anything before Storybrooke  - it's just fog. A curse...? Regina let out an infuriated cry.

"No! I'm not! You promised me a new life where I was completely in control!! And now the 'Great Emma Swan' has turned up and my son hates me and everyone in this town is afraid of me! I know that you remember, Rumplestiltskin!"

Emma Swan.

Suddenly all my memories flood back to me in a great rush.

I am Rumplestiltskin.
I am the Dark One.
I created a curse for the Evil Queen in order for her to be happy, and so I sent our whole world to a Land Without Magic - Storybrooke.
The people here call us 'fairytales.'
I had forgotten who I was - just like everyone else in this town, apart from Regina when she cast the curse, but my loophole to remember was the name of the Saviour: Emma Swan.

I smile pleasantly at Regina.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I lie, "but I'm sure Archie would be happy to have a session with you if you'd like me to call him..." I say, reaching for the phone sitting on the front desk. Another cry of frustration from Regina.

"Forget it. I don't need your help anyway." she says as she stomps out of the shop.

As I walk around my shop, I start to see all the objects I have in a new light - very significant objects from everyone in Storybrooke's past. However, wheny gaze falls on a small white and blue teacup with a tiny chip in its rim, I freeze.

Belle.