Chapter 8

No. No no no no no.

This can't be happening.

Milah is having a baby, but what Pan doesn't know is that it's not mine. What am I going to do? I can't just leave her now. I may be a pirate, but I do have a small amount of kindness in my being.

But it's not mine.

Who's can it be?? In the one month we have been together, there's no one I know of that Milah could've even possibly been cheating on me with. Plus she wouldn't do that to me.

"Hellooo? Earth to Captain?" Pan says, waving a hand in front of my face. "Do we have a deal or not?" He says, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, we do." I reply, exhaling heavily, admitting defeat.

"So what are you going to do with her?" He asks, jabbing a finger at Milah.

"Killian, can I speak with you for a minute? Please?" She asks. I nod, and follow her out of the room. "I'm so sorry - I was going to tell you, but I just wasn't sure. We've only been together for a month and I didn't want you to... think less of me." She twists her hands together nervously. "Killian - I think this is Rumpelstiltskin's baby."

My eyes widen when I hear this. Anyone! Anyone but the Crocodile! I laugh and then look Milah in the eyes.

"Well we can't let him have it, can we?" I say. She shakes her head. "You have to stay here with me, at least until the baby is born." I say bitterly.

"I'm sorry. Now you won't get to see Emma." I look at her quizzically.

"It's a few years away yet that I'm meant to meet her. First I have to complete my side of the deal with Pan and work for him. I will meet Emma, just as we are meant to. Come on, let's go back to Pan." She nods and we go back inside. Pan is lounging in a large armchair at the far end of the room.

"Well? What have you decided?" He demands.

"Milah is going to stay here, with us." I reply. Looking unimpressed, Pan motions for me to come over to him. Glancing at Milah, I stride over to his 'throne.'

"That's part of the deal, Hook. Milah has to go. She can't stay here - for you to be with Emma she must be well and truly out of the picture." He whispers.

"Why? She's pregnant with Rumpelstiltskin's baby. It's my responsibility to look after her now he's gone, much as I dislike her taste."

"Well that is plot twist, isn't it? Your fiancée having your worst enemy's child. At the end of the day it's your choice Captain, but don't say I didn't warn you."

"We're or getting married, Pan." I bite my lip. Milah is staring at us, confused.

I don't know what to say to her - I can't tell her what Pan has just told me, but I can't leave her on her own, not after what we've been through. I still have feelings for her, even though I don't like to admit it to myself or anyone else.

"You're staying here, love. Don't worry about anything - I'll make sure your baby arrives safe and sound." Milah smiles at me, and Pan narrows his eyes at her.

"Fine. There's a room upstairs." He said coldly to Milah. "Captain, you can stay in the cabins." He nods towards the door. Milah wanders off to find her room, while Pan leads me to the cabins outside.

****

"I have an idea. I need to know that I can trust you, Hook, so I have a little job for you."

"What is it Pan?" I growl. I'm fed up with his silly games.

"I know how to get rid of Milah, but first I want you to speed up the growth of her baby. It'll make things easier for all of us." I feel uneasy about this already, but I keep reminding myself it's all for Emma.

"Go on."

"The Dark One is the only person who can do it, and of course you know who the Dark One is, don't you?"

"Rumpelstiltskin." I say, the name tasting sour in my mouth.

"Correct. I need you to summon him." I smile wickedly at him, knowing where this was going. He wants the Crocodile on this island. Finally I can get the revenge I want.

"But to summon the Dark One you need-"

"The dagger - yes, I know. And I will have it once Blackbeard believes you are dead."

"That's what you want from Blackbeard. But why would he have it? And why do you want it?"

"You see the Dark One has a weakness. Do you know what the greatest weakness of all is?" I know what Pan is thinking of, but in my opinion it can be a strength. Obviously not in this situation. I tell Pan what he wants to hear.

"Love." I say, heavily.

"Yes. Well it seems like Rumpelstiltskin has finally found true love, with a girl called Belle."

I was surprised when I heard this - the Dark One doesn't seem to me like someone who falls in love easily. As for giving up his dagger - the very thing which controls his entire being - that is unthinkable, especially for Rumpelstiltskin. He must be seriously in love with this girl Belle, or else be absolutely sure that he will be able to get the dagger back.

"As for why I want the dagger..."

"Yes?" I prompt.

"Did I ever mention that I had a son?"