Chapter 11

Tinkerbell's POV
When I reach my treehouse, I stop running and open my hand to take a good look at the necklace Peter had given to me.

After studying it for a couple of minutes, I secure the chain around my neck and roll the little jar around between my fingertips.

I guess I should be happy right now - finally I have what I want! I can leave this horrible island and do something with my life.

But I'm not.

Because I'm in love with Peter Pan, which I know is stupid, because he's the one who is keeping me captive. Plus there's no way he'd ever learn to love so it's a lost cause.

"Tink." I hear a voice say behind me. I whirl around to face whoever is following me. To my surprise, it's Hook.

"Why are you here? I thought you were doing something for Pan."

"He lets me explore for a few hours a day - to familiarise myself with Neverland."

"And you came here?"

"Well I guess I came here to see you again too."

"Thanks, Hook."

"You can call me Killian." He says. I laugh softly in response.

"Okay then, Killian."

"So... you have a 'thing' for Pan - don't you?" I stare at him for a second before answering. Can I trust him?

"How did you know?"

"I'm good at that sort of thing - detecting when someone likes someone else. Have you told him yet?" This time my laugh comes out coldly and I give Killian a look that say, 'Are you serious?'

"And how do you think he'd respond to that, genius? Confess his undying love for me and ask me to marry him?"

"You never know until you try."

"How come you're so nice? I've heard tonnes of stories about you and - no offence - but you never struck me as someone to be best buddies with." Killian bowed his head down and slowly walked closer to me.

"Is that right? And what about now?" I feel myself tense up as I feel Killian's warm breath on my flushed face.

"You're not as bad in real life." I say, uncomfortably. Killian smiles, and leans closer to me. What is he doing?!

"Um... Kil-" He cuts me off by kissing me hard on the lips. For a second I am too shocked to do anything, and then I slap him on the cheek and push him away.

"Okay, love, calm down." Killian says, rubbing his cheek.

"What were you thinking?!" I demand, giving him the coldest stare I can muster.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know why came over me." He replies, and then rushes into the tangle of trees.

I let out an infuriated cry. Hook really was the pirate which I'd heard so many horrible tales about, and the same pirate which I had once encountered before... although it was brief and he was drunk so he doesn't remember it. That's twice he's taken advantage of me. Let's not make that a third...

Hook's POV
I kick a fallen branch from a tree in anger and rub my throbbing cheek. What has come over me? One minute I'm trying to help Tink get together with her true love, and the next I want to kiss her. I shake my head and kick another branch. I had always thought that - at Milah's request - I had buried the ruthless Captain Hook deep inside of me, never to be seen again.

I guess I was wrong. How can I have a relationship with Emma if I can't even control my own good and bad instincts?

"Hello, Hook." I roll my eyes and turn to face Peter Pan. "Having trouble?"

"None at all." I say, too cheerily, and give him a large but very fake smile.

"Good, because I have a job for you. Tonight at dusk I'm meeting Blackbeard, and I have to prove to him that you're mine. I'm going to need your heart."

Oh no.

"I wouldn't..."

But it's too late. I brace myself as Pan tries to plunge his hand into my chest. I give a grunt of pain and his hand is thrown out of my chest: my body had rejected it.

"Hook... where is your heart?!" He yells, his face twisted into a cold glare. I sigh.

"The...Crocodile has it." I say slowly. Pan gives a cry of frustration.

"And you didn't think to tell me that?"

"I didn't know it would be relevant. But surely you knew that already - doesn't the great Peter Pan know everything?" I taunt.

What is wrong with me?! Maybe being back in Neverland is bringing out the worst in me.

Pan grins wickedly. "Welcome back, Captain."

Emma's POV
"Take this left and then just keeping straight. Then we'll be in Storybrooke." Henry directs confidently.

"Okay kid, I hope you got this right because we've been driving a long time." 

"Don't worry. I spent a lot of time working this all out."

"I'm sure you have." Then, noticing Henry's big brown book again, I ask; "What's that book you've got there?"

"Oh it's just something my teacher gave me." After pausing for a second he continued. "Do you believe in magic Mom?"

"Can't say I've ever really thought about it all that much." I reply, surprised at this random question.

"Oh. That's a pity." Henry suddenly goes very quiet.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I just don't want to go home very much."

"I'll still be here for a while if you want me, you know."

"Yeah I know. But you don't believe in magic, so things will never be good anymore."

My eyes nearly pop out of my eyes when we turn the next corner. A green sign saying;

"ENTERING STORYBROOKE"

I guess Henry really was being serious about this place. But - wow - I never would've believed him if I hadn't seen it.

****

"This is my house. Thanks again for the lift! Oh and there's my Stepmom."

"She looks really happy doesn't she?" I say sarcastically. Henry laughs.

"As always."

"Henry Mills, where have you been?!" A beautiful young woman with shoulder-length dark brown hair stomps up to the car and throws the door open. "I've been so worried about you!! And who is this? You have a LOT of explaining young man. Get inside at once."

"Regina- meet my real Mom, Emma Swan. Mom this is Regina." Henry explains from the passenger seat. Regina gawks at me.

"You brought your...birth mother... to Storybrooke?" She spat the words out in disgust. "Henry please go inside while I talk to her."

"See you around, Mom." Henry calls to me as he walks up the driveway. I get out of my small yellow car and lean against it with my arms crossed. Once Henry was out of earshot, Regina turned angrily to me.

"What were you doing with my son?" She demands.

"He showed up at my doorstep, saying he was my son. I decided to bring him back home, since I figured his family wouldn't be too pleased that he'd run off to New York on his own."

"Well I'm warning you - stay away from him. In fact just leave my town altogether. You've returned my son to me, Miss Swan, and now your work here is done." With that, Regina turned on her heel and marched back inside.

I'm starting to understand why Henry calls her the 'Evil Queen.'