Side story 3

Twas the night of the reunion and Hiccup parked the car outside of Astrid's laboratory. He looked at the clock on his dashboard and smiled. He was 30 minutes early. He walked to the heavy iron doors and knocked. One of the henchmen opened it and smiled. "She's almost done getting ready." He told Hiccup who nodded.

When Hiccup entered the lab he didn't expect to see all the commotion. Henchmen were running around frantically, some carrying various shoeboxes while another shouted "No, the black pumps!! I need the black pumps!!"

"Honey, Hiccup is here!" He heard shouted which was followed by a yell and a string of curses from behind the curtain. He turned to see Mr. Hofferson peak out and wave at him. "She'll be just a minute!"

Hiccup just nodded not knowing what to make of the scene. Suddenly one of the henchmen ran from behind the curtain shouting frantically "We have a mascara emergency!! I repeat a mascara emergency!! Code black!!"

"I....Is everything alright?" Hiccup asked hesitantly to those behind the curtain as he ducked when two other henchmen ran by with what appeared to be makeup cases.

"Sure babe, everything is fine." Astrid said, sounding rather calm from where Hiccup assumed she sat. "Why do you ask?"

"Well,.... Eh.... I didn't even know you had a code name for ...eh... mascara emergencies." Hiccup said as he looked at the frantic henchmen. Astrid just laughed.

"Where is my Hair dryer?!!" Was shouted by another henchmen who got it handed to him be one who was out of breath. "Now miss, stay still. I want to get this look just right." The henchmen said as he started the dryer. It was then that Mrs. Hofferson and her husband came out from behind the curtain to welcome Hiccup.

"Hiccup dear, it's so nice to see you." Nathaly greeted. "You look wonderful in your tuxedo. Doesn't he George?"

Hiccup greeted them as well, as another henchmen passed by with tweezers. A couple of minutes later the henchmen all filed out from behind the curtain looking quite pleased with themselves. One of the henchmen was sporting a utility belt with various hairstyling equipment.

"O....Okay" Astrid said nervously as she stepped out from behind the curtain. Hiccup's gasp at her appearance was quite audible as the henchmen cheered.

Astrid was wearing a black evening gown with a high side split through the sheet skirt and with a train behind. There was a skin exposing center cut and the neckline and waist were ornamented. Astrid turned upon her mother's suggestion and Hiccup saw that the dress was backless as well. Astrid's hair hung loose and fell in waves to one side of her head. She had on a set of pearl earrings as well as a necklace.

"Hiccup darling, you are going to catch flies." Nathaly smirked as she watched Hiccup quickly close his mouth.

"A....Astrid you look radiant!!" Hiccup exclaimed which caused her to blush profusely.

"T..Thank you Hiccup." Astrid nervously got out. This wasn't what she usually wore but Snydely and Morgana had convinced her to buy it while Sir Hiss had taken her shoe shopping. 'For a snake he had excellent taste.' she thought.

"Oh we need a picture!!" George exclaimed as he got out his camera.

"DAD!!" Astrid shouted embarrassed.

"Oh honey, let me have my fun!" Her father stated while his wife laughed. "Now you two lovebirds scoot together!" He said and took a few pictures as Hiccup and Astrid posed for him.

"Don't they look cute George?" Nathaly squealed. "I am totally shipping them."

"Mom where did you even hear that?" Astrid asked. "Oh you know from your sister and all the fanfiction sites I visit."

"One more with all the henchmen." George said as everyone crowded around. George took the picture before Hiccup glanced at his watch, it was almost time to go.

Astrid thought so as well. "Babe isn't it time to go? I don't want to be late."

"We should but there is something I have to ask you first." Hiccup said as Astrid watched him curiously. She didn't notice her mother elbow her father and the knowing looks they had on their face. One of the henchmen brought out a violin and started playing a romantic tune.

Hiccup took a deep breath and got on one knee while taking a black velvet box out of his pocket. "Astrid, you in the time that I've known you, I've come to love you. You are the girl of my dreams and I hope that you will have me." Astrid's eyes widened and her breath quickened as Hiccup revealed the ring. "What I'm trying to ask is, Astrid Hofferson, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Hiccup asked and Astrid immediately shouted "YES YES YES!!! THOR YES!!!"

George happily snapped the pictures as Hiccup placed the ring on Astrid's finger before kissing her deeply.

"AAAuw" The henchmen went as they clapped and cheered. It was then that Astrid looked around.

"You planned this didn't you?" She laughed. "My parents, my henchmen, the place we first met."

"Of course milady." Hiccup smirked as he offered her his arm.

"Oh you are just a sappy romantic aren't you." Astrid giggled as she gave Hiccup a light slap on the shoulder.

"You know me so well." Hiccup said as they were being congratulated.

"Have fun you two!" Astrid's mom called out as they waved them off. Hiccup opened the car door of his black prius.

Astrid smiled at her now-fiance and then she spotted something new in the car. "Hiccup what is that button there?" She asked and pointed to the big red button surrounded by caution tape. It wasn't there a few days ago. She certainly wasn't going to press it no matter how enticing it looked. Look what happened to Drago.

"You've been tinkering again." She stated and then quirked an eyebrow as they drove down the road towards the highway. "So what did you mod this time?"

"Well it's supposed to be an A.I. onboard computer, but I have yet to work out some kinks." Hiccup explained.

"What kind of kinks?" Astrid asked curiously.

"Well for starters it seems to think it's a Rolls Royce for some reason." Hiccup explained and Astrid couldn't help but stifle a giggle. "And I can't stop it from using a British accent." he then muttered. "I call it D.R.A.G.O.N." Hiccup explained. "Direct Reliable Aide Generally On Network."

"Hiccup you make the weirdest things." She said before full out laughing.