Chapter 7

Hiccup hummed as he was working on a red Acura NSX with black accents. Toothless lay not so far away and handed him tools whenever he needed it. The dragon could be quite lazy through the day until they went out for their night flight. That's when Toothless becomes hyperactive, like someone fed him a few gallons of coffee. So far business has been good. Most of his clientele were villains but Hiccup had gotten quite used to their antics and they gave him a challenge when repairing their modified cars.

Hiccup heard an engine noise and looked up to see Astrid's car pulling into the driveway. He smiled as he saw Astrid wave at him. For the last month they have been going out and both seemed to be enjoying each others' company. Astrid shut off the car and stepped out with a bag in hand. Hiccup raised his brow when he took in her appearance. She was covered from head to toe in soot.

"Did you blow up your lab again?" Hiccup asked as he grabbed a rag to wipe his hands clean.

"Of course not." Astrid huffed before looking a bit sheepish. "I blew up my bathroom."

"You know what. I'm not even going to ask anymore." Hiccup mumbled.

"So can I use your shower?" Astrid asked as she gave Toothless a scratch. Toothless had his tongue out and wagged his tail.

"Sure. You know where everything is." Hiccup stated. "I have to finish this up."

Astrid gave him a quick peck on the cheek before heading inside with her bag. Hiccup continued to work on the car, giving it a once over after he had finished, when a cab pulled up. He closed the hood and watched the nervous cabdriver take the fair; afterwards the driver sped off.

"Right on time Jafar." Hiccup said as he showed him the completed red and black car.

"What am I chopped liver?!" The red parrot on Jafar's shoulder huffed.

"Hello to you too Iago." Hiccup greeted as Toothless growled at the bird. "Toothless don't eat him." Hiccup admonished which elicited a whine from the dragon. The first time those two met had resulted in a chase around the workshop with feathers littering everywhere.

"Yes don't eat me!" Iago muttered as he hid behind Jafar who was approaching his car for a better look.

"Splendid splendid." Jafar said as he inspected the car while stroking his goatee. "Oh my baby is back in top condition! We'll be winning street races in no time again!!"

"Let me just get the invoice." Hiccup said and walked to the counter when another customer drove up. It was an orange mini cooper this time with black tinted windows. Hiccup handed the bill to Jafar who was still gushing over his car and raised a brow when he saw who exited the mini cooper.

"Welcome to The Dragon's Den." Hiccup greeted. "You're Ursula, the sea witch right?"

"Why of course." Ursula said as she got out of the car. "I'm assuming you're Hiccup. I heard from a friend of a friend that you could also do custom jobs."

"Of course." Hiccup said as he raised a questioning brow.

"Well, would it be possible to have my car made submersible? I hate having to park it at the beach each time I need to head home." Ursula explained as her eyes landed on Jafar.

"It shouldn't be a problem." Hiccup said as his mind was already drawing up ideas for the modifications. "But the parts will be expensive."

"Money won't be a problem dearie." Ursula said. "Do you take doubloons as payment?"

"Eh sure." Hiccup nodded. The villains had been paying him with different types of currency and he had developed a good system for converting it so there wasn't actually a problem.

"Great" Ursula happily said as Hiccup began to make an initial estimate. "Well hello there cutie!" Ursula said as she laid eyes on Jafar.

Jafar looked up as Ursula slithered over. "Ursula" He blanched. "Long time no see."

"Indeed" Ursula said as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively as she latched onto Jafar's arm.

"So" She whispered. "Did I mention I like men with fast cars."

Jafar gaped at her and looked like a fish out of water as Ursula proceeded to ask him out. "So do you think we can have a date?"

"Ehhh..." Jafar spotted as he looked to Iago for an excuse.

"Hey, I'm staying out of this." Iago said as he landed on Toothless' head.

"I don't think we'll have anything in common." Jafar said as he tried to get his arm free from Ursula's grip.

"Oh but honey bun, we both have royals with who we want to get even. We have that in common." Ursula said as she batted her eyelashes.

"Eh..." Jafar muttered. "We live in different places! I live in the desert while you live in the ocean."

"Hmmm, but I can be your desert oasis anytime hun." Ursula said seductively which caused both Iago and Toothless to gag.

"I think I'll need a rain check." Jafar quickly said as he handed Hiccup the money and stepped into his car after grabbing Iago by the throat. "I have a pedicure at 10 and a 'World Domination plot' seminar at noon."

"Oh alright. A rain check then." Ursula agreed before waving Jafar off as he sped out of the garage. She then turned to Hiccup who had been watching the exchange with amusement.

"To bad that didn't work out." Hiccup said as he handed the estimate to Ursula who proceeded to look it over.

"I'll get that man one of these days. Besides, I'm heading to the same seminar. You should come too." Ursula said and gave Hiccup a wink. "I'll drop the car off tomorrow then along with the payment. Toodles!" She said before hopping back into the small car.

"That poor man." Hiccup whispered to which Toothless nodded. He went inside to check on Astrid and found her dressed in a fluffy pink bathrobe as she dried her hair.

"You missed quite a lot." Hiccup said startling Astrid.

"Don't do that!!" Astrid shouted as she swatted Hiccup on the arm. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"So what did I miss?" Astrid curiously asked.

"Ursula hitting on Jafar." Hiccup told her as he made some more coffee.

"So she's got a new interest." Astrid said not at all surprised. "We were all wondering when she would get over Hook."

Hiccup raised a brow at that statement as he handed Astrid a cup. "And she invited me to some seminar."

"OHHH! The annual World Domination plot seminar." Astrid said. "I was planning to go as well. You should really come. It's always interesting and the after party is a blast. You can even bring Toothless. The girls would love to coo at him."

"Sure it's a date." Hiccup said and smirked as he saw Astrid's cheeks heat up.