Chapter 18

AN: So yeah, I'm uploading this because I got an exam in the morning at my regular upload time. Hope you guys enjoy this. (Insert evil laugh)  

The island was approximately 75 kilometers from Berk and they were nearly an hour underway before reaching the coast. They got into a smaller motor boat when Yzma called out "Kronk are you coming or what?!"

"Just a minute!" Kronk answered back. "I have to put my spinach puffs in the fridge." This caused Yzma to roll her eyes. They headed for the beach when Kronk had boarded the motor boat.

"Hiccup are you sure this is the right place?" Astrid asked as she looked at the island which looked uninhabited. There was a sandy beach but she could only see a thick jungle after that. The island wasn't even that big. "This place doesn't seem large enough to house a lair."

"It's here." Hiccup said as he looked at his tracker again. He then adjusted for elevation and his eyebrows shot up. "Looks like Drago's lair is underground." Hiccup stated.

"So how do we get there?" Astrid now asked as they stood on the beach.

"We could just follow the welcome mat." Eret said pointing to something in the sand at the edge of the beach.

"Secret entrance this way" Heather read. "This looks suspiciously like a trap."

"Nah" Eret said before clarifying. "Drago always forgets where he placed the secret entrance so now he just does this. The henchman and I actually had a laugh when he got lost in one of his own mazes one time."

"Well then let's go!" Dagur stated. They all followed the path until they came upon two levers jutting out of a rock on a pedestal.

"Really this isn't inconspicuous at all" Hiccup stated dryly as he rolled his eyes when he noticed the text above the levers. "Pull for elevator" It said.

"But which one?" Astrid now asked.

"Step aside" Yzma stated. "Leave this to the experts."

They all watched her curiously as she said "Pull the lever Kronk!"

Kronk who stood to the side of the pedestal pulled the left lever down. There was some rumbling and the floor under Yzma's feet opened up. "Wrong lever!!" Yzma screamed as she fell down the trap hole.

There was a splash and Kronk looked sheepishly at the others. "I'll... just go get her. We'll catch up." He said and then jumped into the trap hole as well while shouting "Don't worry Yzma I'm coming!!"

"Okay.... So that just happened." Heather said as she facepalmed. We might as well try the other lever."

Everybody took a step back as Hiccup went to pull the right lever. There was a rumbling before the elevator doors, which had been disguised as a large boulder, opened. "Hmmm, guess the right lever really was the right one." Hiccup mumbled to himself as they all piled into the elevator.

The elevator went straight down. The doors opened up to a large white room. They stepped into the room and Hiccup could see the captured heroes trapped in tubes on the far right. The left side of the room was filled with monitors and there was a chair positioned in front of them.

"I've been expecting you." Drago chuckled as he spins ominously around in the chair towards Hiccup and the others. The chair however continued spinning. "Damn" Drago muttered as he tried to stop the chair from spinning. "Viggo!! Ryker!! A little help here!!" He then shouted as the chair started speeding up.

Viggo and Ryker who had been lounging in the breakroom, which apparently was attached to the main lair, rushed in to find Drago clutching the backrest of his chair as it was now spinning out of control.

"HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!" Drago shouted as his hands couldn't hold on anymore and he was flung from the wildly rotating chair. He landed smack dab on top of Viggo and Ryker who groaned.

"Drago sir, I think you might need to lay off on the brownies." Viggo muttered as they extricated themselves from the pile. Drago shot Viggo a glare as Hiccup could hear Gobber saying "Well that chair is certainly a formidable foe."

"Shut up you wisecracking fool." Drago muttered before turning his attention back to Hiccup and the assembled villains.

Drago straightened up and then said in a self assured voice. "I've been expecting you."

"Of course you have been expecting us." Hiccup stated dryly. "The coconut cameras were pretty cliche though." This caused Drago's brow to twitch when even Viggo let out a chortle.

Drago glared at Viggo which immediately shut him up. "Now as I was saying. It is quite nice to have test subjects merely waltz into your evil laboratory. I've been biding my time setting everything up until I could capture you and then you just waltz into my lair the next time. Imagine my luck."

"Boss you were more than gleeful." Ryker happily reminded him. "You were doing pirouettes through the lair."

"Thank you Ryker for reminding me." Drago hissed. Ryker who was oblivious to the threat pulled out his phone. "And boss we got some awesome pictures of you- hffmf" He said as Viggo clamped a hand over his mouth.

Hiccup sighed. "Why don't you just release the hostages and we forget all about this?"

"And if I don't?!" Drago countered.

"Then I will have to destroy your lab." Hiccup stated nonchalantly.

"Really" Drago now said bemused. "You're outnumbered!"

"Can he even count?" Heather now asked. "We outnumber you!"

"Not for long." Drago threatened as Viggo pushed a button on the console. The floor opened and a device resembling a deathray emerged. "Behold the Controlinator!!" He said and followed up with an evil laugh.

Stoick and Gobber who were both in separate tubes facepalmed along with Hiccup and the others.

"Is he related to that wacky scientist in Danville?" Hiccup whispered to Astrid who shrugged.

"This device replicates the call of a dragon queen! With it I have taken control over the minds of all the dragonic heroes!!" Drago cackled. "And you'll be next!" He stated pointing to Hiccup.

He turned on the machine and watched with glee. "Is something supposed to happen?" Hiccup asked as he looked at the strange machine.

"Well....eh...." Drago muttered before cranking up the power. "Anything?" he now asked and Hiccup just shook his head.

"Has it ever occurred to you that Night Furies might not be susceptible to the call?" Gobber now happily suggested.

"Well you almost seem like an actual villain there Drago." Hiccup said as he motioned for Astrid and the others to spread out.

"What do you mean seem like!!" Drago growled annoyed.

"Well, you got the clueless minions." Hiccup mentioned which caused both Viggo and Ryker to look indigent. "The lair, and let's not forget the device. It's almost bordering on cliche. You just forgot one little thing."

"And what's that?!" Drago shouted.

"The self destruct button of course. No self respecting villain would leave out a self destruct button." Hiccup said looking unimpressed.

"HAH!" Drago then shouted. "That's where you're wrong!! I've placed the self destruct right here!" He shouted looking smug and pressed a big blue button on the mind control machine's console.

Drago's eyes widened when he realised what he'd just done and muttered "Oh fiddlesticks.... Not again."