Side story 2

Astrid was getting her hair done in Dagur's salon today. It was already a week since the family dinner and she had to suppress a shudder. 'Why did those minions have to sing their rendition of 'In the Navy'?' she pondered. That blasted song has been stuck in her head ever since. That however was not what was bothering Astrid. It seemed to show on her face as the person sitting next to her asked "Okay hun. Just spill."

She turned with the dryer cap still on her head to see Snidely Whiplash sitting under the dryer next to her. "If you must know my High School reunion is coming up."

"So what's the problem then?" came from the other side and Astrid turned to see Deadpool take a seat on the dryer next to her.

"What are you doing here?" Astrid asked confused as Deadpool opened a magazine.

"Getting my hair done of course." He answered nonchalantly.

"I think she meant here in a villain salon." Snydely supplied.

"Can you see me going to a normal salon!" Deadpool exclaimed aghast. "Those people are insane!"

Astrid rolled her eyes but let the matter drop. Deadpool had been popping up all over the place lately. "So are you going to tell us what the problem is with the whole High School reunion?" He asked once more.

"I just don't want to see certain people." Astrid muttered as the other villains around her now listened in interest. "I wasn't the most popular person. In fact I was on the bottom of the food chain."

"Now that I don't believe." Prince John huffed, and flicked a paw dramatically from the chair he sat in while Sir Hiss bobbed his head.

"Have to agree" Dagur hummed as he gave the lion a trim and some highlights.

"Oh but I was." Astrid confirmed. "Big nerdy glasses and all and then there was Scarlet and her two followers who just had to be the mean girls."

"Surely she couldn't have been that bad?" Snydely now asked.

Astrid gave him a deadpan look. "She was that bad. She had to be, being the only daughter of Scarlet Overkill."

The salon was silent as they looked at Astrid incredulously. "You went to High school with Scarlet Overkill's daughter!! She a major villain now."

"Yes and it was terrible!" Astrid exclaimed. "Scarlet junior was a total witch!! She even ruined my senior prom!!"

"Oh no she didn't!" Almost everyone gasped.

"Oh yes she did!!" Astrid said back.

"Well don't keep us in suspense girl!! Dish!!" Deadpool now said as he put away his magazine. "Do you need me to fill her castle with plushie unicorns for you?! You know I can!"

Astrid had to laugh at that. She really didn't want to know where all those unicorns came from. "Maybe a rain check." She suggested.

"Alright if you lot must know." Astrid said as she started her story. "I had finally managed to work up the nerve to ask out my long time crush, James Wunderbar." This caused a few snickers from the group.

"His name was actually Wunderbar?" Prince John asked looking slightly agast. "How tacky can you get!"

"Sounds like a stripper name to me." Morgana said, speaking up for the first time. Her tentacles were holding multiple brushes and blowdryers as was busy giving Scar a full mane wash.

"You should know" Sir Hiss muttered back only to get slapped with a tentacle.

Astrid rolled her eyes at their antics before continuing. "So yeah, I finally asked him and he said yes. You could imagine how happy I was. Mom even took me dress shopping and I found this beautiful light blue gown and bought it with the money I had saved up."

The others in the salon nodded and listened intently. "Night of the prom came and I was ready and waiting in the living room. I'd ditched the glasses and even the bun I always kept my hair in, But James didn't show up to pick me up."

"OOH" Filled the salon.

"So I had my dad drive me to the prom and I hoped that James was there and he had a good explanation." Astrid grumbled. "When I entered the gymnasium I saw him dancing with Scarlet!!" She nearly shouted. "Turns out the little witch decided that it would be fun to ask my date to ditch me so that he could go with her, the most popular girl in school!!"

"Oh no she didn't!" Snydely as well as several others shouted.

"Oh yes she did!!" Astrid fired back.

"I hoped you showed that two-timing scumm who's boss!!" Morgana huffed. "My sister would have already turned him into a sea urchin."

"I marched right up to the pair, who were slow dancing before giving James a right hook and kicking him in the groin." Astrid told them. "That was the highlight of my night really."

The men in the salon flinched as they knew how painful Astrid's kicks were.

"You go girl!!" Deadpool hollered.

"How dare that bitch steal your man!!" Prince John uttered.

"How dare that man go along with it!!" Sir Hiss, well, hissed.

"Be glad that you're out of High School girlfriend." Scar stated. "You were surrounded by idiots."

"So why don't you show those people how great you turned out?" Mad Madam Mim, an old friend of her mother, now said as Dagur tried to do something with her hair. "You got good friends, got a career, a very very hot boyfriend that your parents adore, if going by their villaingram posts alone tells me anything. Why not rub it in their faces?"

The others hummed in agreement. "She's got a point." Morgana said.

"Show them what they missed out on!" Snydely now said.

"Honey, when you got it, flaunt it." Prince John said proudly.

"You know you guys are right. I got a great life!" Astrid exclaimed. "I'm going to the reunion!" Astrid now stated and then she stopped. "......."

"What hun?" Dagur now asked as he saw Eret come in with the supplies from the backroom.

"I have nothing to wear!!" Astrid exclaimed.

"Well then, there is only one thing to do." Scar said overly dramatic.

"SHOPPING SPREE!!" Everyone in the salon now shouted and laughed.

"Don't worry Astrid." Snydely now stated. "You'll look so hot that you'll have to fend them off with a raygun."