27 - We Invite Kimberly's Family Over For Dinner

*SATURDAY NIGHT*

*7:30*

Scotty and I decided to invite our daughter, Kimberly and her new husband over for dinner. So when they arrived at our house, Dylan rang the bell. Once I heard it, I got up and answered the door, opened the door and saw my daughter and her husband standing before me. I invited them in and hugged both of them. Dylan said to me, "It's great to see you again." "Thank you, you too." Dylan gave me a kiss on the cheek and put his arm around Kimberly, then said, "So great for you to invite us over for dinner, thank you." "You're very welcome. Please come right in. Where are the kids?" Oh, they stayed with a sitter." So then they walked into the kitchen and got seated. Once they were seated, Scotty brought over our dinner and sat down, he looked at all of us and asked, "Shall we pray?" All of us answered in unison, "Yes." All of us bowed our heads, held hands and then Scotty said the blessing:

Heavenly Father, please keep my family in your thoughts. I would like to thank you for allowing me to invite my daughter and her husband over tonight. Bless them in the years to come and here is to hoping that they will continue to love and always praise You and follow in the way of You. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

After the prayer was said, we said "Amen" in unison. Then we picked up our forks and began eating. While we were eating, Scotty and Dylan started talking about our daughter and they started to hold hands. Then Dylan kissed her on the hand and said, "I love you so much, my love." He was looking deep into her eyes just then. Scotty looked at them and cleared his throat and said. "Ahem! Hey lovebirds, it's time to eat. Not to be all cute and lovey dovey all over each other." "Oh sorry about that." So then they picked up their forks and began eating. But while eating, they started kissing all over eachother. Scotty stood up, backed up his chair and went over to them and yelled, "THAT IS ENOUGH YOU TWO! BACK OFF OF EACH OTHER AND EAT!" I looked at him and said, very sweetly, "Honey, please be nice. They JUST got married. Please be nice." So then they decided to pick up their forks and started eating. I looked at Scotty and said, very sweetly, "Honey, look at me, you need to be nice." He looked at me and said, "Okay, I'll be nice. Just for you." "Thank you." So then after we ate, we started clearing the table and Kimberly and Dylan helped us. But then Kimberly picked up a pot that had some very hot grease in it, but she didn't know it and she tipped it upside down, it spilled all over the front ofher. She started to cry and then Dylan came over, put his arms around his wife and comforted her. He looked at her and said, "Honey, let me take a look at your burn." He took his wife's arm in his hands and examined it. He turned his wife's arm over to look at it. He looked up at her and said, "Honey, it looks like that you might need to have surgery." She started to cry and then Dylan wrapped his arms aroundhis wife to try to soothe her tears. He looked at her again and said, "Let me look at that burn again." He picked up her arm again and took a closer look at the burn, he looked at his wife and said, "Honey, I'll be right back, I'm going to get some cream for your arm. " He gave her a kiss and ran up to their bedroom to get some cream to put on his wife's injured arm.

1 hour later:

Kimberly laid on the couch and Dylan came over to her, sat down with gauze in his hand. He put a pillow under Kimberly's head to prop it up and then said, "Sweetheart, I have some gauze here, to wrap up your arm. If it stings, I'm sorry, want my hand?" "Please honey?" He put his hand in hers and held it while he wrapped gauze around her other arm. Then she started to scream in pain, he looked at her and said, "Honey, you're fine, it's all done." He wiped away her fallen tears and kissed her on the forehead to calm her down then said, "I love you my heavenly angel from Heaven that The lord sent down to me from up in Heaven." Then he cradled her in his arms and she fell asleep right there with her husband's protective arms around her. She also put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. Then he started kissing her and said, "I love you forever and ever, my Heavenly angel." After dishes were cleaned up, it was late, so they decided to go to bed.