4 - Meeting The Family

Scotty and I drove to Scotty's parents' house and he rang the doorbell, then the door was opened by his father, Mike McCreery, he stood in the doorway and stared me up and down. He asked Scotty, "Son, who is the beautiful lady that you've brought here?" "Her name is Kelly." I shook hands with his father and then he invited us in, Mike asked, "Kelly, may I get you something to drink?" "Yes please, thank you." "What would you like?" "Can I have a glass of water?" "Sure. Son, would you like anything?" "Yes please, sweet tea, please, Dad." While we sipped our drinks, we talked about plans that Scotty and I were going to do. Judy, Scotty's mom, looked at him and I and said, "Scotty, sweetheart, you two have fun, AND BEHAVE!" "MOMMMMMMMMMMM!" "Son, obey your mother." "Yes sir, okay, love you, mom." Then after our conversation we left the house and went home to relax. When we got home, he got out and shut his door, went over to my side, opened my door, held out his hand and helped me out. After we got in the house, I went up to cook dinner and Scotty sat in the family room and turned on theT.V. and watched a ball game that was on. I walked in and put my hand on his shoulder and asked, "Honey, what are you doing?" "What's it look like I'm doing, I'm watching a ball game, do you mind?" "NO NO, I was just asking, sorry to disturb you." "It's alright, sweetheart." He gave me a kiss and went back to watching the game.

*2 hours later* *IN THE CAR*

Scotty was driving and I was sitting next to him and we were discussing plans for the next day. I looked at my husband and said, "Honey, I know that you have to go to the studio." Without taking his eyes off the road he said, "Yes I do, sweetie, I'm writing songs for a new album." He turned on the radio and the song called, "Nothin' Like You" by Dan + Shay came on and I turned up the radio and started to sing. He looked over at me and asked, "Honey, why are you singing this song?" "I LOVE IT that's why I'm singing this song." He looked over at me and just smiled at me. He leaned over and I turned my head and saw him looking at me and we kissed each other on the lips. When we arrived home, I was humming, "Nothin' Like You" and Scotty looked at me and said, "We can go to the store and buy that CD since you can't get enough of that song." "Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, we can. But, not tonight, I'm getting tired." I had my head on his shoulder by now and he picked me up and carried me up to bed and gave me a soft kiss on the forehead. He got in bed and snuggled down and wrapped me in his arms and we fell asleep. Hesang to me softly, "Baby, I wanna be amazed by you." Then we fell asleep.