15 - Performing At A Concert

Scotty had a concert to perform at and so he told me while I was home with the children, "Honey, I have a concert that I have to get prepared for." "Oh okay. Can the kids and I come?" "Yes, I believe so, I'll have to ask management if it's alright." "Okay, thank you. I love you." "You're welcome. Love you too." So he went into his studio that was at our house and so he gave a kiss and said, "I'll be in the studio if you need me. Alright?" "Okay." Then he kissed me on the forehead and then he turned on a song that we danced to at our wedding. I looked at him and asked, "Honey, what is this song?" "Not sure." "Have you heard it before?" "No, I haven't." So he played it for me and I just started sobbing. He looked at me and asked, "Honey, you're crying, what's the matter?" "Just thinking of my dad." He took me in his armsand I put my head on his shoulder and sobbed. He looked at me and said, "There is NO need to cry. You know that your father is with you and always will be." He held me in his arms and comforted me. I looked up and then walked over to our dresser and took down a box. Scotty looks at me and asked,"What's in there?" "My dad's ashes." Then I burst into tears and fell to my knees into muffled sobs. He squowted down on the floor and picked up my face from my knees. He took my chin in his hands and said, "Hush baby, wipe those eyes. Your dad is in a MUCH better place than we are right now." "BUT I MISS HIM!" "I know, I know." Then he put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. He soothed my tears by patting my back and telling me that everything would be alright.

He cradled me in his arms and then kissed away my tears. Then he looked at me and asked, "Do you want me to sing another song? Or not?" "Yes! Please!" "Alright I will!" So he gave me a kiss on the forehead and went behind the microphone and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, this next song that I will be performing is a love song, the song is called, 'Amazed.' Please take a seat and enjoy. Before I forget, I would like to dedicate this song to someone very VERY special to me. I'll tell ya'll who that person is after I sing." So when the music for "Amazed" started, I went up to the edge of the stage and he sat down on the stage. He looked over to his left and saw me standing there. He took my hand in his andkissed it. Then he took my hand and I walked up some steps. Then he took me over to the stool that was on the stage already. I sat down and then Scotty turned to the audience and said, "This is the person that this next song is dedicated to. This song was actually our first dance at our wedding as husband and wife." So I stood up and took my husband's hand in mine and then he started to sing "Amazed" again. While he was singing it, we were holding hands and he looked deep into my eyes. Then he picked up my chin and said, "Honey, you know that this song is a song that means that I love you." "Yes, I know. I love you too." Then we both kissed and then went home, got in bed, and then closed our eyes and took a nap, with my head on his shoulder while he hummed a love song to me, in my ear.