22 - Kimberly Starts Dating Dylan

15 YEARS LATER...

Our daughter had a boyfriend and so she had moved out of our house, by now, and had gotten her own house. So on moving day, she came over to our house and started moving everything that she owned out of our house to her boyfriend's house. The boy Dylan who she loved since she was a little girl, came over to ask us, her parents, permission to date her. All I could do was cry, just seeing my little girl move on with her own life. I just couldn't bare to see her leave the nest, or our house, as it were to start her own life. So then Dylan came in, shook Scotty's and my hand and said, "Hello, how are you? I'm here to help Kimberly move. She's moving in with me." Then more tears started flowing down my cheeks. All Scotty did was wrap me in his arms and let me cry into his chest. He looked at me and said, "Honey, she'll be in good hands. TRUST ME!" Through my tears, I managed to say, "Alright honey, if you say so." Then I start sniffling and walked over to my daughter and said through my tears, "My baby." Scotty came up behind me and pulled me away, but I could tell there were also tears in his eyes. He brushed them away quickly so that I wouldn't see them. Dylan had come over to us and sat down with us to discuss plans on the move. All I did while he explained the plans on the move was cry into my husband's chest, sobbing. Dylan came over and tried to calm me down, but I just shooed him away and buried my face into Scotty's chest again.

2 WEEKS LATER...

Dylan had called Kimberly to discuss first date plans, 1ST DATE! NOOOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! MY LITTLE GIRL IS GOING ON HER FIRST DATE! So then while Scotty was at work, I decided to help Kimberly get ready for her date. So I helped her pick out a dress and curl her hair. Once she was ready to go, she stood up and all I could do was stare at her in awe. SHE LOOKED STUNNING! Once we were all set, we walked downstairs and waited for her date, Dylan to show up. Just then we heard a key in the door and it was Scotty, who had just came home from work to see Kimberly ready to go on her first date with her boyfriend. All he could do was stare at his daughter and then he walked over to her. He had tears in his eyes and said, "My little girl has grown up before my eyes." Then he shook Dylan's hand and hugged Kimberly and said, "Enjoy your new life together and God bless you both." "Thanks, Dad, love you." She kissed him on the cheek and then she came over to me, gave me a kiss and also her brother. Then Kimberly and Dylan left to start their new life together.